Director of Total Rewards at DailyPay, Inc.
At DailyPay, we are helping to reinvent the employee experience, starting with its most basic component — pay. We do this by disrupting archaic and transactional payroll processes and creating innovative ways for employees to access and save their earned income, before payday. Through engaging and enriching relationships with our partners, we have become the leader in providing employees on-demand access to their earned income — across all industries — allowing them to exert greater control over their pay and to improve their financial health.
Our mission is made possible by DailyPay’s most important asset: our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. Through the success of our product, we have seen monumental growth in our workforce, and we constantly look for exceptional talent to join us. At DailyPay, you are challenged with dynamic tasks that drive your professional development and career growth. Join us on our journey to deliver an innovative pay experience and to empower America’s workforce with the ability to truly harness the power of their pay and take control of their financial lives.The Role:
The Director, Total Rewards is an integral leader within DailyPay’s People Operations team. This role is accountable for the strategy, design, development and implementation of Total Rewards and how they are enabled by our HRIS to support our rapidly scaling company. This individual must be both strategic and hands on in leading all facets of compensation, benefits, and have a strategic mindset around leveraging HRIS tools and practices. The successful candidate will use an innovative approach to ensure our rewards and people practices are competitive, drive business results, and enhance our culture. Communication and education are critical to ensuring our programs are understood and valued by our employees and people managers. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this individual works closely with the CFO, CEO and DailyPay’s Operating Committee of functional leaders in completing needs analysis and driving innovative solutions to address the needs of our growing business.
In your first year in this role, you will lead needs assessment and strategic planning for compensation, benefits, and partner on reviewing HRIS current practices. Together with other members of the People Operations team we will jointly select and implement strategic partners who can support our scaling. You’ll also seek opportunities to embed reporting routines, build out consistent calendars for our key compensation and benefits processes, and identify people analytics and reporting tools to help us gain greater insights. While this role is initially an individual contributor position, anticipated company growth means you can expect to build a team in the future.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.How You Will Make an Impact:
- Partner with CEO, CPO, CFO, and the Board of Directors to define and execute a compelling total rewards strategy which will ensure we’re attracting and retaining top talent
- Build and maintain career architectures, job banding and pathing consistent with market practices for technical and non technical departments and support implementation in partnership with the Director, Talent & Diversity
- Create and document an enterprise total rewards philosophy, as well as consistent policies, processes, communications and calendars for total rewards activities such as promotions and annual increases
- Own and manage all sales compensation programs in partnership with the relevant department leaders
- Develop a partnership with the People Operations/Talent Acquisition team and department leaders to advise and implement department specific reward and retention strategies
- Lead the compensation function including base, short-term and long-term incentive compensation; sales compensation, semi-annual compensation review cycle; equity administration; market data survey selection and participation
- Provide key input and data for the HR Scorecard
- Evaluate the best future delivery approach for employee services including medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance plans, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) plan; maintain benefit plan documents and summary plan descriptions
- Work with DailyPay’s Finance team to forecast costs for all Total Rewards and HRIS spends
- Ensure all programs are administered in compliance with regulations. This includes oversight of all compliance filings, reports, and audits related to the administration of employee compensation programs either directly or through vendor/partners
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws pertaining to compensation and benefits, in partnership with other People Operations colleagues, DailyPay Legal, and outside counsel
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of our rewards programs to verify they are aligned with our business and talent strategies and monitor market trends to make recommendations for changes, as appropriate
- Serve as an integral member of the People Leadership Team to advise on programs impacting the organization as a whole and collaborate with HR Business Partners to understand and address the unique needs of various client groups
- Substantive demonstrated leadership experience in total rewards, in both private and public organizations, with at least 5 years in compensation encompassing both sales incentive plans and technical talent career paths. Public company experience preferred.
- Master's and relevant certifications including CCP strongly preferred
- Progressive experience in executive compensation, sales incentives, market pricing, variable pay, job evaluation/architecture, and cost modeling in a rapidly changing organization
- Extensive benefit experience including knowledge of health and wellness plans and retirement plans
- Experience with vendor selection, RFPs and implementations
- Expert Excel modeling skills
- Occasional need to work outside of normal business hours as required to support customers may be required
- Proven track record of influencing, leading and facilitating large scale strategic initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders
- Demonstrates an inclusive leadership style with an emphasis on delivering results and developing high performing teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills across all levels, with an ability to persuade and influence
- Curious, growth-oriented, proactive, and passionate about driving results
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Light breakfast, snacks, and a daily stipend for lunch
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.