Engineering Recruitment Lead
About Managed by Q
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the full-lifecycle recruitment of engineering candidates, from sourcing to offer
- Creatively source and message top talent, including long-term planning for passive candidates and engaging with candidates actively searching
- Collaborate with Engineering Leadership, Director of Talent Acquisition, and Recruiting Coordinator to elevate the experience engineering candidates have in our interview process and ensure all candidates walk out feeling fairly evaluated and with a better impression of the company
- Project manage collateral to show genuine updates about our engineering culture and technical challenges
- Represent Managed by Q at career fairs and plan events that support our employer brand
What we’re looking for
- You have the expertise and business acumen to gain credibility with software engineers and have the influence to inform the team on our hiring
- Passionate about data integrity- and you can flawlessly make informed decisions and keep our teams up to date on progress or opportunities in the candidate funnel
- Excellent storyteller and communicator, both written and verbal
- Solid understanding of probing for successes, ownership, and technical abilities for top engineering talent.
- Informed and supportive of building diverse teams that foster psychological safety and challenges unconscious bias
Who you’ll work with
Richard Hughes, Director of Talent Acquisition, over ten years experience building teams across functions and over three years’ experience recruiting top talent at Managed by Q.
Keren Plowden, Recruiting Coordinator. Keren is a pro at supporting candidates with travel arrangements, interview scheduling, and onsite experience.
Phil Sarin, Chief Technology Officer. Phil is an experienced Tech Leader and believes that recruiting for his team is one of his most important responsibilities as CTO.
Maria Dunn, VP of People. Maria oversees the career development and performance management of all employees. She is passionate about elevating our culture of problem solving, transparency and continuous learning.
First step will be a phone call with Richard to make sure the scope of responsibilities align with your career goals. The first onsite will consist of interviews with Richard, Keren, Phil, and Maria. The next step will consist of a take home project that will give a good representation of how we recruit at Managed by Q.
Perks & Benefits
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.