Head of HR, Fulfillment & Customer Service at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 700 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
As the Head of HR, Fulfillment & Customer Service, you will oversee all people-related matters in our Fulfillment and Customer Service functions. This includes our Secaucus, NJ and Arlington, TX facilities and our CX team, which is currently remote.
You will play a critical role in ensuring the organization drives a tightly aligned, integrated, high performance culture. You will help develop, lead and communicate the Rent the Runway culture and operating style, and will play an integral role in building the organization’s capabilities and a positive employee experience. To be successful in this position, you will feel comfortable alternating between high-level strategy, and day to day tactical advice to line managers and senior leaders across key functional areas.
As a key leader within the company you will be immersed in the business groups you support, and be a critical link between the business groups and the wider People team. You will lead a team of HRBPs and Generalists based in our different sites, and collaborate closely with your HR colleagues and COEs in our Corporate team to ensure consistency and alignment. You will be a member of RTR’s Senior Leadership Team.
You will be based in RTR’s Secaucus, NJ facility and will be expected to have a regular presence in RTR’s Texas facility (travel on a monthly basis) with frequent visits to our Brooklyn, NY office when we reopen. In light of COVID-19, travel will be subject to safety considerations and company policies.
What You’ll Do:
- Own, run and optimize all HR systems and processes in our Fulfillment and CX functions- including but not limited to, compensation & promotion process, performance management, OKR setting/tracking, learning & development, diversity & inclusion, employee relations, and benefits in close partnership with our corporate team
- Continue to enhance the employee experience by developing data-driven, innovative programs that support overall organizational effectiveness
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and provide support in to identifying, attracting and retaining the best talent in the market
- Oversee complex employee relations issues with professionalism and integrity, in close partnership with the legal and business teams
- Work to continuously enhance the culture
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner closely with the legal and finance teams
- Managing teams based in NJ, Texas, and remote locations.
- BA/BS degree and 15+ years of management experience working in HR, preferably in large operations / fulfillment / logistics / supply chain environments
- Experience supporting hundreds of employees most of whom are non-exempt
- Experience managing dispersed teams across physical and remote locations
- Proven track record of successfully launching effective HR policies and procedures and building high performing cultures
- Deep knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws; experience with implementing changes to policies and programs as laws have evolved and creating consistency in the face of varying regulations
- Demonstrate sound judgement, and ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent at communication and building relationships
- High integrity and a passion to continually enhance workplace culture
- Strong analytical skills, plus the ability to use Excel and Powerpoint as business tools
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment and effectively handle competing priorities
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.