Head of People & Culture
About Managed by Q
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies create a better workplace experience for their teams by providing the first software built specifically for office professionals, support from dedicated workplace experts, and access to vetted commercial service providers.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
In both a strategic and operational role, the Head of People & Culture will report to the CEO and assume a critical position in developing business & HR strategies to proactively support the organization’s overall strategy, goals, mission, and principles. As a senior leader, he/she will support other leaders in identifying the skills, talent, and positions needed by the organization as Managed by Q revolutionizes workplace management. The Head of People & Culture will also manage the implementation of the HR processes and programs necessary to support a culture and office space that embodies and represents the principles by which we operate.
Objectives of People & Culture at Managed by Q
- Attract the best people in the world to work at Q
- Cultivate and promote a workspace that clears the way for our employees to do their best work
- Create community among our teams by fostering understanding, empathy and of course, fun!
- Foster a culture that is grounded in our core principles and comes to life throughout the employee lifecycle
Human Resources Management
- Develop, drive, and manage a wide range of People & Culture functions (onboarding, learning and development, performance management, employee engagement, and change management)
- Implement and support world-class People programs and policies with the dual objectives of aligning practices with our culture and principles, while also ensuring that the organization is compliant with all relevant employment legislation
- Partner with leadership to advise on HR strategy, the people implications in business plans, and everyday people management
Employee Experience & Engagement
- Represent Q at industry events as a Q brand ambassador
- Champion our onboarding and new hire orientation experience, ensuring a deep understanding of the business, company culture, principles and Q’s best practices
- Lead the charge on creating and maintaining an office space that fosters productivity, positivity, and engagement in the workplace
- Deploy cutting-edge employee engagement practices based on an ongoing knowledge of trends in the marketplace
- Oversee the employee engagement survey process from concept to close and drive initiatives for improvement based on the results
- Communicate and manage an ongoing, effective performance feedback process that is grounded in radical candor
- Support managers on effective feedback techniques, fostering an environment of transparency and psychological safety
- Provide advice and counsel to managers (both proactively and reactively), and work directly with managers and employees to assist them in resolving issues
Learning and Development
- Implement and drive programs and processes to develop needed skills, knowledge, and experience, and plan for successors to key roles
- Create and foster a continuous learning environment that challenges and engages Q’s workforce
Data Analysis and Metrics
- Prepare regular management reporting and analysis
- Define objectives and key results metrics to track and report on People & Culture function performance.
Compensation and Benefits
- Lead bi-annual review processes in partnership with P&C’s Senior Project Manager.
- Work with VP of People to ensure that compensation plans and positions align with managing company’s frameworks and strategy.
- 7+ years of progressive Human Resources and business experience, including:
- Working in a fast-paced, nimble, startup environment
- Managing the onboarding and training at a high-growth tech company
- Overseeing the creation of an engaging workplace
- Successfully promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusion
- Collaborating with and supporting creative and technology professionals
BENEFITS & PERKS
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.