Head of People
We’re Onna: a fast-growing tech startup based in New York and Barcelona with offices in Toulouse and Research Triangle Park. Our international team is composed of fun, experienced, and hard-working individuals on a mission to make information easily accessible and useful, no matter where it lives. We build e-discovery, knowledge management, and other data search tools for our clients (Facebook, Electronic Arts, Dropbox, and Fitbit, to name a few.) In May 2019 we closed an $11M Series A led by Dawn Capital with the participation of our integration partners Slack Fund and Dropbox - and we’re focused on building an amazing team to deliver the best product possible.
As a member of the company’s leadership team, the Head of People will be the voice of our employees to ensure our people are supported, motivated, and inspired. This role will oversee all aspects of the organization’s people operations function including employee experience & engagement, performance management, learning & development, compensation and benefits, internal communication & change management, compliance, and talent acquisition. The right person for the role is a roll-up-their sleeves, get stuff done individual with strategic vision who has experience building and scaling teams from a very early stage.
If you’re excited to join a small but fast-growing team and have a direct impact on a platform used by some of the biggest names in tech to solve global problems in data and knowledge management, we want to meet you! Our work environment is lighthearted, fast-paced, exciting, and flexible. We’ll provide you with the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to take your career to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Act as an advocate for employees internally and as an ambassador for Onna externally.
- Partner with our Workplace Experience Manager to create, execute, and innovate on an onboarding and new hire education program.
- Maintain ultimate responsibility (via the Workplace Experience Manager) of our physical office space and planning and execution of various cultural events (all hands meetings, company summits, etc.)
- Partner with global people operations partners to ensure consistent adoption of employee engagement best practices and ongoing measurement of related initiatives.
- Create and maintain an ongoing performance feedback process, including teaching effective feedback techniques across the organization, advising and counseling managers and working directly with teams to assist in resolving issues.
- Cultivate and maintain programs and processes to develop needed individual skills, knowledge, and experience at all levels of the organization in an effort to foster a culture of continuous learning.
- Create succession plans for key roles and growth paths for all roles within the company.
- Manage all benefit programs and education and create a comprehensive roster of other perks including wellness programs, employee discounts, etc.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to build and maintain effective compensation frameworks across the org including comp bands and stock option incentive and retention policies.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition resources and leadership team on organizational planning and design and other TA efforts as needed.
- Coordinate, oversee, and execute all internal communications and change management.
- Own general People Operations-related administration including payroll, visa assistance, offboarding, terminations, and employee leave.
- Maintain responsibility for general compliance including regulations, paperwork, and reporting.
- Create and maintain employee policies, handbooks, etc.
- You have 7+ years experience in people operations, talent, or progressive HR roles
- You’ve owned the full employee life-cycle including implementing and scaling progressive people operations strategies.
- You have a track record of establishing high-performance work cultures.
- You have a proven ability to attract, hire, and retain world-class talent.
Who you are and what you can do:
- You love the challenge of a fast-paced startup environment and understand the importance of not allowing perfection to be the enemy of good.
- You have an extremely high EQ with a natural ability to build relationships and collaborate cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- You like to have fun at work!
- You have an ability to intelligently manage competing priorities.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- If you have familiarity with people operations on a global scale, this is a huge plus.