Head of Talent Acquisition
About the Role
Orchard is hiring a Head of Talent Acquisition who will help set the vision, strategy and roadmap for the talent acquisition function. Our ideal candidate is a natural people leader and operations guru, passionate about building great teams, defining strategy, developing processes and creating metrics and reporting to make sure the recruiting engine is running efficiently. We’re looking for an innovative thinker who is capable of launching new programs to support our business goals across the organization. Reporting to the Head of People, you will be a key leader on the People team.
The ideal candidate has “a no task too small” mentality and will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves to source, screen, and interview. They will bring creativity and process to attracting top tier talent, our candidate experience and employment brand. This is a great opportunity to make an impact on a scaling a rapidly-growing tech startup.
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement Orchard’s recruitment strategy, talent brand and overall recruiting process to enable the company to achieve its hiring goals.
- Lead the recruitment team in building out and executing on our company-wide hiring plan.
- Guide hiring managers and teams through effective hiring, interviewing and sourcing best practices.
- Launch new programs to support our hiring goals, from interviewer training to innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Build competitive recruiting and candidate experience practices that will enable Orchard to attract the best talent.
- Implement a metrics-based approach to recruiting to ensure the company hiring plan is achieved efficiently, using benchmarks for planning purposes and taking a data driven approach to quickly identify and solve pain points
- Manage requisitions for executive level searches across business units
- 8+ years of recruitment experience, ideally in high growth and/or tech organizations.
- 2+ years of management experience and a successful track record of building, inspiring and managing a recruiting team.
- Deep understanding and ability to use data to drive performance, find efficiencies and diagnose issues within the recruiting process.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to execute on assignments and make decisions independently with limited information.
- Demonstrated track record of building out Recruiting Operations and Talent Brand programs.
- Ability to lead in a fast paced environment and have a flexible approach.