Head of University Recruiting
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is looking for a hands-on Head of University Recruiting to drive our campus recruiting efforts. As a key member of the Recruiting team you will be responsible for creating scalable campus programs and a long term strategy to attract students from the top universities across the country. You will be tasked with developing and maintaining relationships with students, academic faculty, student organizations, and career centers. You will also partner with hiring managers to understand their needs both immediate and down the road, and drive a process that screens to ensure we hire the best. The ideal candidate needs to be detail oriented and process driven, while remaining flexible enough to adapt to a fast pace, high growth environment.
- Be the main point of contact for campus relationships at target universities
- Work with hiring managers during headcount planning to forecast campus hiring needs
- Devise strategies to hit campus hiring numbers immediately, with the ability to scale globally long term
- Identify key tools, programs, and resources needed to build a strong candidate pipeline across a variety of roles
- Be a leader through people managing as well as a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved directly with recruiting
- Comfort identifying top talent and managing candidates through interview process to offer acceptance and start
- Planning, coordinating and facilitating on and off campus events
- Assisting the hiring managers and interview teams with campus presentations, facilitation of interviews and the evaluation process
- Collecting and analyzing recruiting data to build and improve hiring strategies
- 7+ years’ experience in recruiting, ideally campus or programs related
- 2+ years managing a team of 2+ recruiters
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Experience managing campus relationships at top tier US universities
- Comfort in a fast-paced, high-growth tech company is preferred
- Proven campus sourcing experience and strong negotiation skills
- Experience creating and implementing projects and processes from inception to completion
- Excellent project management skills with an eye for detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across a variety of functional groups
- Willingness to travel, especially during peak campus seasons
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.