HR Business Partner at Vise
Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round.
We’re looking for a talented HR Business Partner to support our company through this hyper growth stage. In this role, you will help shape the talent strategy and provide counsel on all things people-related including but not limited to: performance management, talent development, compensation philosophy, training, employee relations and organizational effectiveness. You’ll build foundational infrastructure with people programs as the company scales and continues growing at a rapid rate.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.What you will own
- Provide strategic partnership and counsel to business leaders and Vise employees, ensuring employee advocacy and fairness.
- Coach and develop leaders at all levels within the organization, from managers to executive to founders
- Partner with functional business leaders to provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution that’s aligned with business goals
- Proactively support and design people programs in the areas of employee relations, L&D, performance management, onboarding, total rewards, and resource planning.
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior leaders and operate with a strong business and growth mindset with a strong understanding of business needs.
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex people-related issues
- 4+ year of HRBP experience in a high growth company
- Sound judgement and problem-solving capabilities; as well as the ability to make thoughtful decisions.
- Proven experience building people programs from scratch and owning projects end to end
- A big picture thinker who is comfortable getting into the details to operationalize a strategy
- Strong analytical skills and uses data to influence strategic decisions at the executive level
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others
- Proven ability to think creatively, participate fully and work collaboratively to develop and execute programs.
- Comfortable with open communication and giving and receiving open, constructive feedback respectfully
- Passion for building and supporting high-performing teams with ambitious goals
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the role -- no job too big or too small
- Integrity and discretion to effectively resolve sensitive issues.
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.