HR Operations Manager - Payroll & Benefits at Betterment
Betterment’s HR Operations Manager will be responsible for focusing on Payroll and Benefits Administration, while supporting various HR operations projects and strategic initiatives, such as Compensation Planning and Reporting / Analytics. In this role, you will join our tight-knit People team and work directly with our Head of People Strategy & Operations.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic, technology-driven environment and is comfortable taking action in the face of ambiguity. You are eager to make an impact and are always seeking new and improved ways of doing things. You’re a process-driven individual who loves checking items off your to-do list. You’re eager to flex your skills at a dynamic growth stage company where no two days are the same.
A Day in the Life:
- Prepare and process Betterment’s Semi-monthly payroll and any off-cycle payrolls
- Serve as a main point of contact for any employee payroll and employee benefits inquiries and serve as a main liaison with our benefits provider (Lumity)
- Maintain all onboarding and offboarding of new and terminated employees in payroll system (Paylocity) and HRIS system (BambooHR), including necessary paperwork
- Administer all employee benefits programs including 401(k) plan; medical, dental, vision; life insurance; fringe benefits (including employee leaves)
- Assist in the annual audit of Betterment’s 401(k) plan
- Manage the semi-annual Compensation Review process, working closely with the HRBP & Finance teams and conducting semi-annual benchmarking reviews of our compensation bands
- People analytics initiative; in partnership with People team members, improve the collection and use of people-related data that will be used to help guide organizational decisions and priorities
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in a HR operations function
- Experience managing multi-state payroll preferable
- Strong client management skills
- A self-starter mentality with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work across disciplines to generate new processes and/or resolve issues
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks and allocate resources to meet goals
- Creative thinker with sound judgment
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.