Human Resources Business Partner at Squarespace
Squarespace’s HR Business Partner team is looking for a HR Business Partner to guide people initiatives across our Product and Strategy organizations. You'll partner closely with management and employees on all things people-related such as employee relations, coaching, development, compensation, organizational development and much more.
You will zoom out and keep considerable, strategic focus on scaling for growth and retention. You’ll also work hand in hand with the broader People Team on programs to cultivate our unique culture and people practices. This is the perfect opportunity to further our culture of innovation, shape career paths at Squarespace, and redefine what it means to be a strategic partner.
You will report to our Director, Partners and Programs and be based in our New York headquarters.
- Partner with leadership on organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Coach managers on performance management, feedback, employee development and career pathing
- Be a trusted advisor in all areas of HR including employee relations, investigations, leaves of absences and compensation
- Develop and lead People team programs focusing on retention, engagement, recognition and talent management
- Lead the Product and Strategy organization's compensation cycles and become an expert on our compensation philosophy and practices
- Partner with the Training & Development team to develop manager and team trainings focused on development, culture and career progression
- Partner with the Recruitment and FP&A team on strategic headcount planning, identifying critical roles and succession planning
- Collaborate with the HRBP team to accelerate a culture of innovation and development while providing employees and managers the tools they need to be successful
- 10+ years of progressive, multidisciplinary HR experience
- Experience partnering with department heads or senior leadership
- Demonstrate solution focused thinking, empathy, strong judgment and decision making skills
- Understand people dynamics, organizational strategy and talent processes
- Desire to push the status quo and find efficiencies in how we spend more time on impactful partnership with leadership
- A bias towards teamwork and ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, high growth, deadline oriented environment
- Experience working in both private and public organizations
- Capability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- A thorough understanding of HR practices, including employment law and regulations
Certifications in change management, coaching, compensation, or organizational design a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.