Human Resources Generalist at Major League Baseball
At Major League Baseball, the Human Resources Department is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a top-talented and diverse workforce. The HR Generalist will join the Employee Relations & Compliance team with a focus on employee relations, performance management, compliance and the overall employee experience with HR policies and procedures for the global workforce. This role will champion our mission, vision and core values and provide solutions to employee related matters by supporting the business and driving greater efficiency. Our vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy, and a desired destination for employment.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day guidance and counsel on the interpretation of our domestic and global policies, procedures and programs.
- Manage employee lifecycle events including onboarding, 30, 60 and 90-day check-ins, new hire orientation and offboarding processes.
- Conduct exit interviews and consolidate feedback to gain valuable insights in all aspects of the work environment including work culture, day to day concerns, processes, workplace ethics and employee morale
- Assist in conducting thorough and in-depth investigations and reaching timely resolution for each case including disciplinary and corrective action
- Partner with the Centers of Excellence: Benefits and Compensation, Talent Acquisition Talent Management and Retirement and Financial services teams to facilitate and execute key organizational initiatives as necessary
- Serve as culture ambassador and provide support to develop initiatives that ensure MLB remains an employer of choice
- Assist in the creation and implementation of programs to drive employee engagement
- Annually review and update the domestic and global Employee Handbook’s to ensure compliance
- Identify and recommend necessary policy changes across each Center of Excellence
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity for assigned HR Systems
- Upholds operations of the department at the highest level of confidentiality and security
- Ensures federal, state and local compliance related to employment and workplace expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, psychology or related discipline
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification required
- 5+ years of progressive human resources experience with strong employee relations skills
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Positive communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating across all levels
- Must be approachable and able to earn trust and credibility across the organization
- Highly resourceful with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Extremely flexible, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities
- Strong technical skills, including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)