Immigration & Mobility Lead at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for an agile and judicious Immigration & Mobility Lead to grow our global immigration and relocation program and guide our new hires and current employees requiring work sponsorship through a timely, well communicated case management experience.
You will report to our Manager, People Operations and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Evaluate our current immigration and relocation program and works with internal partners to determine the future of immigration and relocation globally.
- Be the primary resource for prospective, current and former employees on all aspects of immigration and internal mobility, including visa processes and regulatory requirements/changes.
- Evaluate and build all immigration petitions and relocation requests in partnership with all team members (e.g., HR Business Partners, Recruiting, outside counsel).
- Partner with leadership and outside counsel to prepare and troubleshoot immigration applications and project manages each employee’s / candidate’s process from end-to-end.
- Partner with department leadership to create a long-term strategy around visa and permanent residency that meets our needs.
- Be the primary contact for immigration counsel in the US and Ireland and responsible for all aspects of vendor management (annual renewal meetings, accurate processing of invoices, analyzing trends)
- Update internal tools with case status, and ensures immigration requirements/case files are current and compliant for each applicant.
- Create and communicate relocation packages, answering questions and anticipating and resolving issues that arise.
- Track relocation package disbursement and ensures tax compliance, in partnership with Payroll and Finance.
- Coordinate external relocation service providers to ensure exceptional service and seamless relocation of employees.
- Partner with other teams (Legal, Finance and HRBPs) and external counsel and tax advisors to ensure global compliance with procedures.
- Assist the People Operations team with related projects and daily administration on an as-needed basis.
- Have 4+ years demonstrated experience managing immigration matters and global mobility or related programs
- Familiar with federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Have knowledge of immigration requirements and relocation of employees - specifically an understanding of domestic and international relocation, international tax issues, compensation and payroll processes therein
- Analytical problem solver with experience in fast-paced environments
- Ability to build strong relationships with business leaders and foreign nationals
- BA/BS degree
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and handle confidential employee information