Immigration & Mobility Specialist
Squarespace is seeking an agile and judicious People Operations Specialist to help scale our programs and processes, with special focus on immigration, internal mobility, and international regulatory compliance.
This role reports into our Senior Manager, People Operations and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Acts as the primary resource for current and former employees on all aspects of immigration and internal mobility, including visa processes and regulatory requirements/changes
- Evaluates and executes all immigration and relocation requests in partnership with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., HR Business Partners, Recruiting, outside counsel)
- Partners with leadership to prepare immigration applications and proactively project manages each employee’s / candidate’s process from end to end
- Creates and communicates relocation packages, answering questions and anticipating and resolving issues that arise
- Tracks relocation package disbursement and ensures tax compliance, in partnership with Payroll and Accounting
- Coordinates external relocation service providers, where appropriate, to ensure exceptional service and seamless relocation of employees
- Partners with internal teams such as Legal, Accounting and HRBPs to ensure global compliance with policies and procedures
- Work with internal teams such as Creative, Legal and Strategy to manage the onboarding, offboarding and compliance of freelancers and consultants
- Assists the People Operations team with related project and day-to-day administration on an as-needed basis
- Possess 4-6 years demonstrated experience specifically managing immigration matters and global mobility or related programs
- Have knowledge of immigration requirements and relocation of employees - specifically an understanding domestic and international relocation, international tax issues, compensation and payroll processes therein
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion
- A team player with positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Analytical problem solver with experience and proven accomplishments in fast-paced environments
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent practical experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.