Greater NYC Area
Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We’re registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, and QED Investors—and our first partner is Yale University.
As Lead Recruiter at Summer, you will design and execute a best-in-class recruiting strategy as we accelerate our team's growth:
- Serve as a beacon of our inclusive, innovative, and mission-driven company culture
- Manage the full cycle of recruiting candidates from sourcing through close
- Collaborate on strategic talent initiatives, including partnerships, career fairs, and networking events
- Develop creative campaigns to enhance our external recruitment pipeline
- Understand the fintech landscape, including industry news and competitive analysis
- Leverage recruiting data to establish success metrics and provide recommendations
- Collect feedback from candidates and continuously improve the candidate experience
To lead the development of our fast-growing team, we are seeking a teammate with 5+ years of experience managing and scaling recruiting at technology companies, preferably in NYC. In addition to proficiency using ATS systems and strong project management skills, we will be evaluating your track record of success with technical talent acquisition on high-growth teams, as well as your alignment with Summer’s mission of empowering borrowers to achieve their financial goals.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!
Read Full Job Description