Leadership Development Coach at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding $1 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $9 billion in loans and $1 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our People Team works to build an environment where employees are empowered to do their best work. Through our strategy, program design, and operation, we attract, develop, and grow the talent that Better needs to scale. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are building a team of Leadership Development Coaches to support our rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will have a blend of experience and education in facilitation learning programs and coaching leaders - either in house or as a consultant. Our coaches will deliver training on manager basics (systems, processes, policies), facilitate interactive core leadership programs (foundations, advanced), and individual or group coaching to people managers and leaders. We are a hyper-growth, continuously evolving organization - meaning flexibility and helping leaders lead through change is essential to success.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establish collaborative and trusted relationships with People teams and business leaders. Learn core operations and objectives of assigned business units and teams; participate in business meetings and employee events.
- Work with program managers and people team to schedule tactical, foundational, and advanced leadership development programs. Lead delivery (virtual and in person) and participant experience management, follow up, and evaluation.
- Support People Team in the effective onboarding of new managers and people leaders, ensuring an understanding of Better’s values, management processes, and leadership principles.
- Identify learning needs for managers, leaders, and teams outside of core leadership development programs and propose appropriate learning solutions.
- Provide expertise, feedback, and pilot support for new program design and development or updating existing programs.
- Partner effectively with external vendors as needed to deliver core management, leadership and coaching programs - welcoming new ideas and expertise while ensuring alignment with Better brand and team culture.
- Measure impact of training programs and coaching through data collection and analysis with peers.
Bonus points for:
- Leveraging technology to drive automation, personalization, and evaluation of programs - including Learning Management Systems, assessment platforms, and content tools.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience - ideally in a high-growth organization - and have managed the performance and development of individuals and/or a team.
- You have at least 3 years of formally facilitating leadership development programs and coaching individuals and/or people leaders.
- You have built and maintained strong development coaching skills through a combination of experience and education (i.e., in house, consulting/freelance, certifications, degrees, conferences, reading, etc)
- You stay knowledgeable about adult learning, management and leadership development, facilitation, presentation, coaching, and basic content design.
- You build strong cross-functional partnerships and trust with stakeholders through communication, reliability, and listening before offering helpful suggestions.
- You are able to facilitate multiple programs and coach several leaders.
- You believe that learning should be time well spent and its impact can be measured.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.