Learning and Development Manager at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a Learning & Development manager to join The Trade Desk! Working closely with the L&D team, Engagement team, HR Business Partners, and key business stakeholders, you will play vital role in creating and fostering growth of new managers, leaders and overall career development. Based out of our Ventura, CA headquarters or New York office, you’ll work with a passionate group of professionals who are focused on helping our global team and leaders to reach their potential.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Design and deliver global, scalable learning, leadership and career development strategies that align to The Trade Desk’s company goals and objectives.
- Drive various leadership and development initiatives and program to support the growth of our current and future leaders of the business.
- Partner with senior stakeholders from Human Resources team and business leaders to drive our strategic talent development goals, utilizing strong thought leadership, communications and influence skills.
- Develop and drive a roadmap for leadership and career development-related programs as needed by the organization (e.g. new manager training, leadership development, career development, etc.)
- Embody and reinforce leadership behaviors that align to our core values & competencies
- Conduct thoughtful needs analyses and research to design programs that build new manager and leadership capabilities aligning to our company values & competencies
- Facilitate engaging and exciting instructor-led experiences that are impactful and resonate with global Trade Desk audiences.
- Review and continually evolve existing development programs to align with TTD’s fast pace and rate of change
- Measure the success and return on investment of development programs
- Strategically maximize LMS capabilities, and continuously refresh development content
- Manage L&D vendor relationships as needed for externally-led new manager and leadership development programs (Harvard Business School Online, LinkedIn Learning, etc.)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions for business impact and scalability.
- Developing collaborative partnerships with department leadership and HR support teams.
- Create presentations and deliver to leaders and key stakeholders to share key insights, gain buy-in, and drive business impact. Design and lead projects to test process and content improvements and other innovations.
- Conduct ongoing needs analysis and identifying opportunities for process improvements supported by a clear plan for implementation and accountability.
- Stay current with L&D Industry trends and best practices to elevate learning offerings.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A Bachelor’s, Advanced Degree, or Certifications in a related field of study
- 8+ years experience in a Learning & Development role with proven success record in learning programs, program design and delivery, talent development initiatives, learning facilitation, measurement, and employee communication.
- Learning Needs Analysis, Data Collection & Analysis, Manages Complexity and Optimizes Work Processes
- Alignment with and passion for the company’s vision, mission, and core values
- Drives programs with vision, innovation, ambition, collaboration and accountability resulting in effective action planning and results
- Deep end to end program management experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to work within ambiguity
- Ability to influence and communicate will all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Passion for problem-solving and developing others
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proven, sound, reliable, courageous and timely decision-making capabilities
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.