Manager, Abstraction Training
Flatiron’s mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. We do this by organizing the world’s oncology information and making it useful for patients, physicians, life science companies and investigators to use in order to accelerate research and improve the quality of care. We are building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the country on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Much of the available, real-world clinical data is unstructured and stored across thousands of disconnected community clinics, medical centers and hospitals. We have a large team of abstractors - primarily nurses, tumor registrars and clinical research professionals - who help us convert unstructured data to structured data by extracting key data points from from clinical documents. Abstractors work remotely via our proprietary web-based software, where they abstract data across multiple diseases according to documented policies and procedures (P&Ps).
The Manager of Abstraction Training will be responsible for driving the development of training content, including slides, videos, and other materials in order to ensure abstractors are successfully onboarded and maintain a high level of performance -- in terms of data quality and overall efficiency. This will include ensuring that abstractors know how to utilize our software and understand project-specific specific P&Ps in order to abstract data efficiently and with high quality and developing interventional learning when course correction is deemed necessary. This role will require working collaboratively with Clinical Quality Managers, Clinical Data Specialists, Clinical Abstraction Managers and other members of the Internal Abstraction team. This role reports to the Director of Abstraction Operations.
- Identify key gaps in abstraction onboarding/training and develop roadmap for remediation
- Develop and share best practices for knowledge management, training, and documentation
- Develop standard abstractor training templates and establish minimum requirements for new project training content
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Quality Managers, Clinical Data team members and Clinical Abstraction Managers to design, build and deliver training content
- Work collaboratively with Abstraction Operations team to establish metrics and measurement processes to assess the impact and success of training content
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in developing training and elearning materials/curriculum
- Strong track record of designing training programs for adult learners
- Knowledge of creative training techniques, accelerated learning, L&D best practices, and evaluation standards
- Experience in multimedia and video editing including animations, tweens, and layering
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders and collaborate in teams to meet objectives
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to situations and prioritize tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced degree related to instructional design, especially with a focus on digital and adult learning
- Nursing degree, healthcare experience or comfort with oncology terms
- Startup experience