Manager, Talent Research (Sourcing Manager) at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced sourcing manager with a passion for matching people to their perfect opportunity. You're a tireless seeker of top talent, so you stay on top of the latest sourcing methodologies to discover and engage hard-to-find talent.
You're a coach and a leader at heart. You have experience building scalable processes and workflows that enable your team to succeed. You're creative and always thinking about the next best way to engage the best talent out there. You're data-driven and constantly look for ways to improve candidate pipelines based on metrics and KPIs.
You’re excited to join Dataminr at an incredible growth moment as our first Manager, Talent Research. You're passionate about Dataminr's mission to be a force for good in the world, and you're ready to leverage your skills to make an impact.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to develop and execute short-term and long-term sourcing strategies for business and technical roles at a global level
- Identify trends and leverage existing knowledge, data, and market intelligence to develop and continuously refine sourcing strategies and tools
- Manage, motivate, and develop a team of sourcers globally to proactively build talent pipelines through active and passive channels
- Establish scalable methods, processes, and goals that deliver meaningful sourcing results
- Manage all channels that bring talent into the top of the funnel, including but not limited to talent mapping, referrals, agency partnerships, recruiting marketing, and events
- Continuously find new methods to reach and engage talent from underrepresented groups
- Leverage data and reporting to track results and impact, identifying valuable insights to make recommendations for improvement
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team to develop and implement strategic initiatives to improve our recruiting processes and ensure hiring success
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of recruiting or strategic sourcing experience within a high-growth environment with a focus on hard-to-find, hard-to-engage talent, both business and technical
- 4+ years of experience managing, motivating, and developing a team
- Deep understanding of sourcing strategies and the current recruiting landscape
- Skilled with multiple recruiting best practices, techniques, and tools
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of core DEI best practices and concepts across the recruiting lifecycle
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, prioritize competing goals, and proactively solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with ATS and CRM tools (Greenhouse and Gem a plus)
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.