We are seeking a detail-oriented Payroll Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of timesheets for our hourly population, entering employee changes into our HR systems for hourly and salaried employees, primarily processing payroll for our US population, as well as answering employee questions regarding payroll practices and policies. This individual will also have the opportunity to partner with the larger Payroll and People Ops teams on a variety of employee focused projects in our constantly evolving environment.
What You'll Do
The Payroll Coordinator will be a key individual contributor and have the opportunity to learn from the broader People Ops Team with potential to take on additional responsibilities of interest and as required.
- Assist the Payroll Associate with the preparation of semi-monthly, multi-state payroll for 2000+ employees.
- Administer employee records in UltiPro.
- Assist the Payroll Associate as a contact for payroll questions or requests from employees by managing the payroll tickets.
- Oversee time management for hourly/non-exempt teams by tracking approvals and creating tools and resources to help employees and managers become more self-sufficient.
- Administer and maintain state and local tax accounts, notices, and applications.
- Assist with international payrolls.
- Assist with general operational tasks.
- Assist with ad hoc payroll-related People Ops projects as needed.
Who You Are
You're a detail-oriented candidate with a desire to grow in the field of payroll. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact. You’re an enabler and a doer.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have 1-2 years of relevant experience in Payroll, Accounting or Human Resources.
- You have Microsoft Excel skills (i.e. vlookup, pivot tables, etc) and the ability to efficiently learn new systems.
- You are familiar with the Google Suite.
- You have the ability to process a high volume of transactions accurately and efficiently.
- You have organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You have the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse employee base.
- You have a desire to learn, develop an existing skill set, and take on more responsibility.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience with processing payroll out of UltiPro
- You have experience with processing tickets out of Zendesk
- Experience supporting a multi-state and/or multi-country organization
Why You Should Join Our Team
Working with Flatiron offers you a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.