Payroll Lead at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a talented Payroll Lead to scale our Payroll function to meet the needs of our growing company. You will work on our People Operations team and partner closely with Legal and Finance.
The People Operations Team builds compliant programs and processes that ensure seamless support of our growing organization. As the next member of our team, your work will support this through the preparation, distribution, and reporting of our payroll.
You will report to our Manager, People Operations and be based in our New York headquarters.
- Responsible for accurate, timely and efficient payroll processing of a 1,000+ growing global workforce, this includes:
- Payment of special transactions such as retroactive pay, mid-period increases, garnishment, student loans and other statutory deductions
- Reconcile W-2 forms to ensure accurate entry of all compensation transactions, and quarterly Federal and State returns and amendments
- Audit employee records in HRIS (UltiPro), in partnership with HR Generalists and Finance, to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date
- Resolve all payroll discrepancies, process bi-weekly adjustments, and answer employee inquiries
- Assist in preparation of 401(k) analysis and compliance filings
- Coordinate with Accounting team on month end close activities and analyze payroll and benefit amounts, monthly or semi-monthly, for unusual trends to ensure accurate payroll processing
- Be the main contact for all payroll auditing related matters including the accurate and timely preparation of all requests
- Identify opportunities to automate current processes and implement effective controls to promote efficiency and streamline payroll processes
- Expert in Federal, State, and Local labor laws, payroll tax requirements, payroll regulations and industry changes that affect payroll operations
- Experience with payroll systems (Ultipro, ADP) and leading a Payroll function
- Experience driving change to streamline payroll processes and find efficiencies
- Intermediate to advanced Excel/Google Sheets proficiency and ability to work with large data sets
- Experience processing end-to-end payroll at a small to mid sized organization
- Capability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- A thorough understanding of leading Payroll practices, legislation and regulation
- Experience working in global, multi-state private and public companies
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certified Payroll Professional certification (CPP)
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.