Payroll Specialist (Workday) at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our growing team. The Payroll Specialist will perform all payroll processes and activities for the entire company. You will work closely with our payroll system and employees to ensure a timely and accurate payroll process across different types of roles. The ideal candidate has experience processing payroll across multiple states and an eye for detail.
This is a full-time role that will report into the Controller and be based out of our growing New York City office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of scheduled payrolls
- Establish and maintain critical payroll controls and procedures
- Perform pre and post payroll processing audits to ensure payroll accuracy
- Manage all applicable payroll related records
- Collaborate with departmental heads to ensure the timely and accurate processing of all supplemental payments (commissions, bonuses, etc.)
- Oversee time management process for all non-exempt/hourly employees and off-cycle payments as needed
- Address payroll related inquiries from employees
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulatory and compliance obligations related to payroll
- Experience with multi-state payroll processing
- Experience with Workday required and with Justworks PEO a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.