Payroll Specialist at Gympass
GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Payroll Specialist to our Finance team in New York!
- Collect employee data and payroll information.
- Enter data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs (ADP and Cloudpay)
- Calculate wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
- Prepare and process employees' payroll payments including payroll reconciliations
- Maintain accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
- Respond to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns.
- Prepare financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes and periodic payroll reports for review by management
- Follow internal controls best practices, strengthening our payroll processes and procedures.
WHO YOU ARE
- A payroll professional with 2+ years experience in payroll and a broad working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices
- You're tech savvy and have experience working with accounting and payroll software (ADP and Cloudpay is a plus)
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You speak fluent English (a plus if you're bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese!)
- You're exceptionally organized and have strong time management skills.
- You're detail oriented, diligent, and creative to find alternative solutions for issues and inefficiencies.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: health, dental, and life insurance
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge. Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 and floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family. 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers, Facebook “Life at Gympass” and LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.