People Relations Specialist at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a People Relations Specialist, you will serve as a trusted point of contact to employees in the US, and work with the global People Relations team to assist in building human resources initiatives, creating a lasting impact on the organization. In this role, you’ll be responsible for executing exceptional administrative support to the People Business Partners (PBPs) and you will have the opportunity to learn employee relations best practices from your global teammates. This role will be based in New York City and is an exciting opportunity to develop your human resources expertise in a fast-growing tech company!
Here are some things to expect in your day-to-day:
- Execute administrative functions for the People Relations team including new hire surveys, compensation statements, personnel records and more
- Provide accurate and timely responses to questions from employees, leaning on PBPs for guidance and escalating to a more senior member of the team as needed
- Own both the onboarding (in partnership with the Learning & Development team) and offboarding processes throughout the employee lifecycle
- Assist PBPs with the team’s key initiatives, such as the biannual engagement survey, regular DEI reporting, performance assessments and more
- Learn end-to-end project management competencies such as prioritization, proactive communication and accountability by supporting PBPs in their day-to-day work
- Be both an advocate for employees and a champion for the business
- Engage with the global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative(s); work closely with internal Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), clubs and the Employee Experience team to organize and publicize events
- Serve as the first point of contact for the People Relations team to the other People team functions (People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development) as needed, partnering with them to bolster our cross-functional collaboration and communication
WHO YOU ARE
If you like working with others, consider yourself to be a “people person”, and being around humans energizes you, then you might be an excellent addition to our team!
Specifically, you’ll have:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication (Google Suite/Keynote experience a plus)
- Superb organizational skill, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and remain focused (project management experience a plus)
- Intellect, empathy, and an ability to build strong, trusting relationships
- An interest in all things human resources related and an eagerness to learn more!
As a bonus, you have at least 1 year of administrative experience in a human resources/client-facing role. If you don’t, that’s OK too!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.