Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, strategic and personable Executive Recruiter to drive and manage the Executive talent acquisition capabilities as we scale Cityblock.
You’ll join Cityblock at an exciting time and a critical point in our growth trajectory. Over the next 12 months, we will be augmenting the leadership capability in our organization and we plan to add a number of Executive Leadership hires across Operations, G&A functions, Technology and our Community Health business lines.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for full-lifecycle talent acquisition. You’ll serve as primary contact with our internal stakeholders, candidates, and preferred agencies, and you will support the Lead, Executive Search in building strategies to acquire top executive talent for Cityblock.
You will be an expert at developing strong relationships with our executive leadership and C Suite as well as our cross functional partners. As we are a startup, you will be responsible for building and implementing new processes to streamline sourcing, engagement, and hiring efforts to ensure that we are efficient and hire exceptional talent. You will be comfortable operating in an environment of constant change and can help to build structure where there is none. You will bring with you a robust referral network, and help to build an executive recruiting voice for Cityblock. You will be a true team player who can jump in and support wherever you are needed.
Requirements for the Role:
- 4+ years’ experience in full-cycle executive recruiting ideally for Corporate and Technical leadership positions recruiting , specifically for executive and leadership roles across multiple dimensions of an organization. Either in an in-house role or with a high calibre executive search agency
- Experience managing senior level candidate relationships, and relationships with executive search firms
- Proven track record in leading C level senior level conversations in order to reach a hiring outcome for candidate and agency calibrations, and influencing team members to take action.
- Demonstrated ability to move fast and navigate ambiguity in a constantly changing environment partner with key stakeholders and executive leadership across functions.
- Experience sourcing and hiring diverse talent
- Experience managing compensation discussions to ensure candidates are closed successfully
- Experience building fair, equitable and unbiased hiring practices from the ground up
- Proficiency in LinkedIn Recruiter and other tools for both direct sourcing, pipelining and nurturing.
- Proficiency in using ATS systems, ideally Greenhouse, or (ie: Lever, iCims, Taleo).
- Experience in direct-sourcing of this talent using multiple mechanisms (ie: Linkedin Recruiter, Sourcing boards, boolean search, direct networking, alumni associations, and innovative means to access talent).
- Experience making decisions with limited information
- Experience navigating highly confidential situations You are an adaptable, organized, efficient, independent self-starter and problem-solver, with strategic thinking skills.
How We Define Success:
- Devise a talent strategy for executive/leadership sourcing and hiring that aligns with our overarching business needs and reaches top, diverse talent.
- You build a strategy for nurturing and hiring pipelines for Executive & Leadership roles across the organization.
- You’ll work across multiple teams as a trusted business partner, leading acquisition, market research, and hiring conversations.
- You are operating as an advocate for Cityblock with all external relationships, and effectively managing relationships with our Search vendors.
- You are influencing the relationships and hiring programs for roles which you are assigned.
- You are an effective communicator; you are clear, concise, and have a point of view.
- You can successfully navigate an agile environment, with the ability to manage change and significant growth of a company.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read: