Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Recruiter to support in executing a best in class recruiting strategy and process for various teams within the organization. In this exciting role you will build and maintain proactive partnerships with key leaders in order to understand their department structure, key initiatives and projects, evaluate talent needs, and contribute ideas, solutions and tools.
What You'll Do:
- Partner closely with hiring managers and own all aspects of recruiting process: defining jobs and specs, sourcing, screening, running the recruiting process, negotiating and closing
- Develop a pipeline of active and passive candidates
- Become quickly immersed into the culture and business needs of Rent the Runway, building relationships with key leaders in order to understand the candidate profile that will be the most successful at Rent the Runway
- Own special projects as they arise, offering unique opportunities for leadership development and growth, such as campus recruiting, assessment of new recruiting services / technologies, creating and implementing development and rotational programs, cross functional projects, etc.
- Maintain a high level of industry awareness, understanding the startup, tech, and fashion/retail landscape to keep tabs on emerging and transitioning businesses, industry news, competitive analysis, etc.
- 2+ years of full cycle recruiting experience and a track record of hiring exceptionally talented people
- Startup or entrepreneurial company experience preferred
- Demonstrated success implementing innovative ways to attract and retain candidates
- Self-confident, self-motivated and highly-organized with a strong sense of personal accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Proficiency using ATS systems and sourcing tools
- Passionate about ensuring that each candidate who interviews at Rent the Runway has a unique and positive experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.