About the role:
This recruiter will be based in our NY headquarters, recruiting for the business and operations side of the organization. We partner with the business to hire the best people, with our amazing coordinators to design and execute the best candidate experience, and with the entire recruiting team to evolve our process. We work fast, hard and smart. We listen to creative ideas that will make us better. And, we have fun while we’re doing it!
This is a full-cycle recruiting role, so you get to do everything: understand your hiring team, define jobs and specs, source effectively (e.g. posting, referrals, events), work with your team of recruiters, run the assessment process, and own the offer and close.
- Partner closely with senior leadership to define recruiting processes
- Source, engage, and hire top tech talent for different business units
- Manage a passive funnel, applicant funnel, and drive referrals
- Prepare offers, create strategic closing plans, negotiate compensation packages, and ultimately sign top candidates
- Understand the market and come up with creative ways to connect with the right talent
- Collaborate with the rest of the Recruiting Team to ensure great candidate experience, build and execute interview plans, and have a little fun!
Winning factors: What leads to success
We are looking for a strong recruiter who is able to deliver and grow. Realistically, you have been successful in recruiting with varied experience and a track record of hiring at scale.
You have examples to show that…
- You comfortably scale and execute an end-to-end recruitment process to varied positions, using all necessary tools and tricks.
- Relationships matter: you own candidate experience and actively work with your hiring managers to get the people and culture side of the business right.
- You love owning things: you’re proud of the things you build and thrive with responsibility.
- You understand how recruitment ties into the business and ultimately how it influences its success.
- You have 2-5 years of successful recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Self-organization, focus, multi-tasking, and software savviness are the basics
- Experience recruiting both in-house and agency-side, and/or in startups, tech, healthcare or insurance is a plus
- You are metrics-minded and let the numbers drive your approach
- You’re a relationship builder and proactively engage with hiring managers and candidates
- You are well-versed in utilizing LinkedIn Recruiter to source top candidates
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, love driving process, and take ownership of the candidate journey end-to-end
- You’re creative, strategic and always striving to improve
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.