At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the Internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the Internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
Let’s take a closer look at the values to start.
“We are hackers.”
It’s second nature for you to find the most effective, creative, and sometimes completely off-the-wall methods of getting from point A to B. This doesn’t mean it’s always a straight line. It does, however, mean we’re pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo to the point of breaking, and considering the possibility that the line may be dotted.
“We create tau for ourselves and each other.”
Others may come across a canyon stretching 150-feet below them and turn back or find a longer, easier route. But the easy route only has one benefit: being easy. You on the other hand see an opportunity to scale the side of the cliff or maybe even hang glide to the other side. You’re more like MacGyver and Indiana Jones. You get creative with the tools you have or acquire new ones, but giving up is never an option.
“We think big and move fast.”
You believe the only place for fear is in the dictionary. Taking educated risks are essential to growth and innovation. In order to really stretch the boundaries of innovation, we have to fail quickly and bounce back quickly. How we recover is more important than never failing.
“We practice humility.”
Curiosity didn’t kill the cat; its lack of awareness did. Sometimes we win and sometimes we lose, but being humble and assuming best intentions strengthens our team. Being self aware and asking questions to understand rather than simply to respond helps us work more effectively together.
“We ‘pwn’ it”.
The bar you set for yourself is like a carrot dangling in front of your nose. You hold yourself to high standards and stay self-motivated. You also take great pride in delivering on the things you said you would and if you’re unable to, you communicate with your team and ask for help when needed. We strive to always have each other's backs.
Now for the tangibles. Here’s what you’ll need to bring to this role:
- Must have some recruiting experience within tech companies (preferably startups) where you’ve juggled multiple, high priority, and often changing needs simultaneously
- Desire to adapt and learn the requirements of roles you've never worked on before
- Creative sourcing tactics, networking abilities, and high energy
- Diplomatic approach to coaching your teams through tough hiring decisions
- You're "tools agnostic", but have a secret bag of tricks you're eager to dig into
- Take personal responsibility for enhancing your candidates’ experience throughout the hiring process
- An innate desire to do the right thing
- Understanding when to push back and when to ask more questions
- An incredibly positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to promote and apply best recruiting practices, as well as unlearn and try new approaches when necessary
- Passion for your work and an impeccable knack for staying organized
- Can handle interview scheduling, rescheduling, and re-rescheduling like a pro
- Appreciation for data-informed decision making
- An ability to stay focused while also keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and grit
If you made it this far and are excited to know more, please apply! For bonus points, share the ways in which you connect with our values (in whatever form you'd like) by emailing [email protected]
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.