Senior Analyst, People Systems (Workday)
About the Role
The Senior Analyst, People Systems, is responsible for managing and configuring the Workday HCM system. This hands-on technical role demands excellent knowledge of HR business processes and methodologies along with a strong analytical and reporting background. The candidate will have direct hands on experience in Workday HCM process design, configuration and implementation. They partner with diverse business stakeholders to lead numerous projects to increase business efficiency and automate business processes in Workday. They have excellent collaboration, problem solving and advanced technical skills. They provide technical guidance, are hands on, and respond to end user requests for new features, problem investigation, security configuration and complex reports.
- Manage the end-to-end functional support for Workday HCM: Benefits, Time & Absence, Recruiting, Compensation, Talent Management & Advanced Reporting.
- Work closely with the business teams to understand functional requirements and execute them through successful implementation, testing and deployment with required documentation
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Assist in resolving User “How To” questions and create relevant job aids/training/communications aids/learning/communications
- Troubleshoot problems, test, and work with business to resolve issues.
- Log, route, and maintain tickets in ticket tracking system
- Configure and administrate data security and comply with policies and procedures
- Design and develop custom reports as required for business users and senior executive management
- Provide guidance and training to business teams on the future capabilities of the Workday and adoption blueprint.
- Coordinate feature/function cases with Workday and perform Workday Release tasks (2x per year)
- Act with speed, while balancing quality and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration or related field required
- 2 to 5+ years of Workday HCM, hands-on configuration experience required.
- End to end implementation experience including project management, issue management, communication and change management. Experience with JIRA a plus.
- Day-to-day production support of live Workday environment a plus
- Excellent knowledge of HR, Payroll & Benefits processes, procedures and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a skilled communicator, with well-developed verbal, written and presentation ability.