Senior Learning and Development Manager at CB Insights
Develop Strategy. Design and personalize. Measure Impact.
The role you’ll play:
As a Learning & Development Manager at CB Insights, your objective will be to implement and manage learning and development programs on behalf of the People Team within CB Insights, from conception to creation to maintenance and continuous improvement. The Senior Learning & Development Manager applies their expertise in adult learning to ensure effective, efficient capability-building, targeting the critical skills and behaviors that help CBIers achieve the “what” (business results) through the “how” (CBI’s values-aligned competencies + function-specific skills).
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design and execution of CBI’s 360º learning program (onboarding, function-specific training, leadership development, professional development) to ensure that all members of the organization have the knowledge and competencies necessary to succeed
- Assist managers in assessing their performance and learning and development needs; recommending solutions, arranging for training sessions or developing customized training and team development sessions as needed; following-up to assess the effectiveness of the recommended programs
- Create and implement an annual L&D plan aligned with business goals and organizational needs
- Design and develop innovative and modern learning solutions to ensure learning is impactful, personalized, engaging, and accessible
- Establish training processes and systems that help the company scale effectively
- Research, select, and manage resources, both internal and vendors to develop and deliver training on time and with high quality
- Measure the effectiveness of learning solutions that have been implemented and continuously improve delivery methods based on data
- Coordinate the creation of high-quality graphic and instructional design content
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience as an L&D lead in a startup/SaaS environment
- Proven track record of executing annual training programs for technical and non technical roles
- Knowledge of adult education science and best practices
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate abstract or technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience implementing LMS
- Bachelor's degree in adult education, cognitive sciences, human resource development, and/or related discipline is strongly preferred
- Agility to experiment, obtain data, learn, and iterate on plans that progress towards the accomplishment of strategic goals
This role will be right for you if:
- You love using data to make informed decisions about Learning & Development initiatives
- You are analytical in nature, and easily connect Learning & Development initiatives to business outcomes
- You value learning and stay up to date with new trends in the Learning & Development space
- You are naturally collaborative and open in your work style and love being part of a high functioning team
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!