Senior Manager, People Growth Operations at DoorDash
DoorDash seeks a Senior Manager of People Growth (Learning and Development) Operations to join our People Growth team and to help make DoorDash a place where every employee does the very best work of their careers.
As the Senior Manager of People Growth Operations, you will build, develop and manage the daily operations of the People Growth Team. With a strong lens for diversity, equity and inclusion, you will drive for operational excellence and play a critical leadership role in designing, developing, managing, evaluating and scaling operations for the People Growth Team.
The People Growth Team at DoorDash is an interconnected function with DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion), Internal Communications and Employee Connections on the Culture, Belonging and People Growth Team (CBPG). CBPG’s mission is to create a culture of belonging and connection where diverse identities can thrive and every employee can do the best work of their career. As part of CBPG, the Senior Manager of People Growth Operations will be joining an agile, world class, learning and development team with a strong bias for action that is focused on democratizing learning.
This role reports directly to the Director of People Growth and is anticipated to have at least two direct reports within the first year. We are open to candidates based in San Francisco or New York. We are also open to candidates that are willing to relocate post COVID-19; right now, the People Growth Team is working remotely through at least March 31, 2021.
You’re excited about this opportunity because . . .
- You will be the first to establish, develop and execute repeatable policies, processes and systems that transform the day to day operations of the People Growth Team.
- You will work closely with our Director of People Growth to make foundational decisions that yield to operational excellence by creating and implementing scalable processes that accelerate automation, increase efficiency, improve quality and eliminate duplication.
- You will use data, analytics and anecdotes to develop insights and drive decisions.
- You will partner with other teams and vendors to identify opportunities for improvement and solutions that are aligned with the People Growth strategy.
- You will lead, drive and manage projects for the People Growth Team from discovery to implementation. Throughout each project phase, you will identify cross functional dependencies, make resourcing decisions and tradeoffs, and build awareness of project work with impacted stakeholders.
- You will design, develop and deliver project plans, timelines and budgets to meet project requirements as definition by project scope.
- You will be accountable for all project results by staying on budget, on schedule and meeting or exceeding expectations.
- You will develop, coach and mentor others on the People Growth Team by fostering psychological safety where every team member can contribute and be their best selves.
We’re excited about you because . . .
- You have 10 years of operations experience; managing operations for a learning organization and certifications in project management, change management or program management are a plus.
- You have experience managing teams with at least 2 direct reports.
- You are passionate about democratizing learning and you strongly believe a successful People Growth strategy includes the advancement and upward mobility of underrepresented employees.
- You are an authentic, inspiring and hands on leader with a proven track record for building, driving, managing and scaling operations through policies, processes, and systems.
- You can clearly translate vision into executable strategy and have a keen ability to deliver against a plan with a bias for action and clear milestones.
- You have deep listening and exceptional stakeholder management skills; you pride yourself on being an effective communicator and building strong relationships that serve as one of the foundations of your leadership.
- You are resourceful in assessing, selecting and managing outstanding vendors which includes developing partnerships where customization is critical to our success.
- You are skilled at change management and adapting to an evolving business while staying focused on the anchors of your goals and the People Growth strategy.
- You are excited about and available to travel domestically and internationally at least 10% of your time post COVID-19. Travel needs may shift as the People Growth Team grows.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.