Senior Manager, Technical Recruiter at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about creating a world class candidate experience and matching the business’ needs with the skills and expertise of talented professionals.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Recruiting who has experience with leading teams of recruiters. The Sr. Manager will provide a consultative recruitment approach; drive consistent communication with business leaders, provide market analysis, execute creative sourcing techniques, candidate assessments, and other talent related activities.What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage a team of Recruiters. Responsible for coaching and developing for performance to achieve goals.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on hiring techniques and legal issues regarding hiring practices. Responsible for all recruiting systems, processes, metrics and channels.
- Will serve as a change agent for processes and drive continuous improvements within talent acquisition. This person will lead any organizational change efforts with regards to recruiting working while working with the other People Team functions.
- Working closely with business leaders, PBPs (people business partners), and finance to drive effective workforce and hiring plans, and ensure the Talent Acquisition team is fully competent and aligned to support the talent needs of the business
- Continuously expand and optimize a diverse candidate pipeline and inclusive selection processes that enable broad and highly diverse candidate pools across both leadership and IC positions, as well as teams and business functions.
- Participate & lead regular business meetings on Recruiting KPI’s, projects, key focus areas and process improvements.
- Develop and maintain a network and pipeline of talent in a high quality / high volume / high demand environment. Ability to manage an average of 15-20 open engagements simultaneously is a must.
- Lead special recruitment projects, including but not limited to, confidential assignments, non-US office formation and staffing, Sr level searches and pro-active talent identification as assigned; build relationship with C Suite & Leadership,
- Participate in regular strategy meetings with hiring managers and HRBP’s, providing a consultative approach on talent.
- Build and maintain proactive partnerships with all internal and external client groups in order to understand the business needs, staffing needs and issues, and offer solutions through creative and effective sourcing resources and tools.
- Develop and execute recruitment strategies to proactively search for a diverse pool of candidates using various recruiting methods to include on the ground recruiting, networking/relationship building, social networking sites, and internet.
- Provide guidance through the interview, offer, and hiring process.
- Gather competitive intelligence, industry trends, and labor market conditions and create search strategies based on findings.
- Successfully manage and track assigned postings, prioritize and close searches against a timeline according to established benchmarks and metrics.
- Generate reports and data for special projects, new proposals and general corporate information.
- Implement and enforce consistency with recruiting policies and procedures. Make recommendations and execute on any process changes/improvements.
- Establish recruiting team KPI’s and measure performance of the recruiting team against the Talent Acquisition KPI’s.
- Manage all recruiting systems ensuring that the recruiting has the tools needed to be successful and that DO is fully utilizing the system capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relentless follow up, resourcefulness and very strong communication skills. Able to successfully manage hiring managers expectations on the hiring process.
- Proven and successful track record of sourcing large pipelines through various channels, such as LinkedIn, Eightfold, and screening/interviewing qualified candidates or any other applicable resources.
- Strong Relationship Builder with hiring managers and all recruiting partners.
- A data-driven approach and a continuous improvement mindset fixed on optimizing and enhancing all stages and milestones of the talent acquisition process
- Problem-solving skills that drive solutions and successful outcomes through open communication, collaboration, and transparency
- Ability to toggle from hands-on and tactical to complex and strategic with ease
- Expertise in diagnosing and resolving issues that slow recruiting velocity
- Experienced in handling equity, company benefits and perks questions from candidates competently
- Excellent negotiating and closing skills
- Experience within startup and high growth companies.
- Understands and can sell company brand and organization and recommend unique and creative ways to overcome recruiting challenges
- Understanding of relevant immigration Law as related to recruiting
- High level of Professionalism and strong project management skills
- 15+ years recruiting experience in full life-cycle environment, including management of multiple high-volume, high business impact roles simultaneously
- Must have experience leading a recruiting team and implementing process and systems improvements
- Bachelor’s degree required. Knowledge of tech recruiting/industry required.
- Extremely Competent in recruiting software tools/sources, such as, Greenhouse or other ATS systems, Google Suite, and LinkedIn
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company event, Shark Week, to get quality time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!