Senior Technical Recruiter
About the Company:
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. We make “teaching” AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
As Clarifai's third recruiter, you are going to be at the forefront of hiring the team that is going to achieve our 2018 hiring goals.
- You are a self-starter who loves the thrill of recruiting and talking about the tech market.
- You focus your efforts on attracting, sourcing, and hiring the best of the best talent.
- You report to our Recruiting Lead to fill our "hard-to-fill" roles. You don't shy away from a challenge (and neither do we).
- You will be our diversity & inclusivity advocate.
- You might have expertise in technical or sales recruiting, but you are excited about hiring for different areas of the business, from sales, marketing, and operations, to engineering and product.
- You have at least 4 years of in-house recruiting experience working in a tech startup or a fast paced environment
- You have the ability to pivot at any minute
- Preferably, you’ve filled AI roles before or recently, e.g. Data Scientists, Researchers, Machine Learning Engineers, etc.
- Boolean search wizard and experienced with Stack Overflow, LinkedIn, and Greenhouse ATS
- Proven ability to work autonomously, take ownership
- Quick learner and can make executive calls quickly
- You can speak and write clearly and articulately
- Great intake skills, you know how to get what you need in order to search for the right people
- You stay organized, have great attention to detail, and have great time management skills
In your first month, you will start off by learning the ropes. You will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the ins and outs of recruiting here at Clarifai.
- Learn about our tech stack and be able to speak intelligently about Clarifai and artificial intelligence (we'll help you with that).
- Access our tools and job boards for recruiting, i.e. Lever, LinkedIn, and Stack Overflow.
3 months later, you start putting yourself out there. You will:
- Dive into full cycle recruiting, and build relationships as you go. Most of your time is spent sourcing and screening, so that we can focus on quality over quantity.
- Fill your first few roles. We all work together as a team to make this happen, so don't worry, you won't go it alone.
- Use innovative sourcing methods to tap into your networks in New York City.
6 months down the road, you will be on your way to making sure that you have identified a diverse applicant pool for each open position at Clarifai. You will:
- Begin to expand upon your online sourcing methods. Participating in events, meetups, and hackathons is a creative way for us to source phenomenal talent.
- Partner closely with the rest of the recruiting team to develop our hiring strategy, so that we can continue to scale our company and improve our recruiting process.
In 12 months, you will expand your efforts and have built pipelines for not only open positions, but potential future positions as well. You will:
- Innovate ways to attract and share Clarifai's story with potential applicants as we adapt to a changing industry landscape.
- Seek out speaking engagements that give you the opportunity to educate the community about Clarifai's recruiting efforts. We always support advocacy!
- Assist Layer Leads in all aspects of recruiting, i.e. help draft job descriptions. We know that recruiting isn't easy, so we will offer support whenever we can.
In the future, you will continue to establish yourself as a key member of the people team by not only making individual contributions as a full cycle recruiter, but also working on high-level strategy and process improvement.