Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
We have an immediate opening for a Senior HR Business Partner in our New York office. We are looking for an individual who has experience partnering with senior executives to drive their business strategies forward using tools such as proactive organizational design, goals setting, frequent feedback and leadership coaching. This individual should be known for building strong and effective relationships at every level of the business, while also understanding the importance of teamwork and collaboration in successfully implementing People programs.
This Senior HR Business Partner will be responsible for acting as the day-to-day advisor and resource for brand and department heads in all people-related areas, including communication, talent planning, performance and employee relations. (This role may also include elements of labor relations, including collective bargaining and contract oversight). They will also lead by example in demonstrating our company’s values (Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together).
- Be a trusted advisor and human resources subject matter expert for assigned leaders to drive strategic insight, leadership capability, team effectiveness, cultural sensitivity and ultimately business performance.
- Participate as an integral part of the assigned leadership teams, focused on developing credible knowledge and understanding of the business goals and how they impact the people strategy.
- Oversee the ‘employee experience’ of all people-related processes and programs for the assigned departments, including talent acquisition, learning & development, performance acceleration, employee policy and benefits.
- Act as a respected and trustworthy resource to employees at every level of the company, with respect to issues including communication, management, performance, career development and respect in the workplace.
- Handle employee relations matters with the highest profession standards, providing counseling and coaching to managers and staff and ensuring an expedited and effective escalation and resolution as appropriate
- Manage and/or mentor other members of the People Team, including an assigned Recruiter and Coordinator
- 10 years of prior Human Resources experience
- 3-5 years of labor relations experience, preferred
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and nimble business environment, required
- Relevant experience at a start-up or digital media company, preferred
- Experience at a multistate HR-focused company, preferred
- Upbeat, highly collaborative and solution oriented, preferred
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.