About the role…
Are you a strategic doer? Obsessed with going the extra mile and taking the wheel? Do you build & protect trust, dive into candid conversations and lead with curiosity? Our Sr. Manager, HRBP might be the right role for you! This position is central to our HRBP model, a key leader on our talented, driven people team and reports into the VP of People. The mission of our team is to create the best job you’ll ever have. You will be responsible for leading a team of HRBP’s as we deliver on that promise to the business. The right person will enable and empower us in designing and driving people programs, bringing data & rigor to our investments and provide partnership & guidance on all people matters. This big role is essential to Policygenius’ long term success. For the right person, it’s an incredible opportunity to make a massive impact on our growing organization.
In this role, you will…
- Provide strong organizational leadership for the Operations Teams (Life & P&C businesses)
- Lead and scale a team of HRBPs who are multi-faceted, engaged and developing
- Provide strategic thought partnership and coaching to Directors, VP’s and SVPs
- Aggregate, report on and translate data into clear storylines and proactive solutions
- Manage, facilitate and iterate on our performance and compensation reviews, as well as create a meaningful, bar-raising and utilized talent planning approach
- Take responsibility for, and drive forward meaningful scalability initiatives from our annual strategic plan
- Curate creative and innovative solutions to strengthen our People team, and enable the business
- Be thinking two steps ahead to ensure we’re scaling successfully and not caught off-guard from a process or resourcing standpoint
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You know your stuff - you love people and you love business
- You strive to balance protecting the company’s growth while supporting the unique needs and motivations of every employee
- You’re driven to innovate, challenge the norm, ask “why” and just generally do better
- You understand and appreciate the ambiguity and challenges of a high growth, scaling tech company - and that actually excites you (c’mon, is there a bigger chance for impact?)
- You aren’t scared by an 80% solution; moving quickly but strategically keeps us at the top of our industry
- Have at least 5 years in an HRBP/HRBP Manager role or similar, ideally in a growing organization
- At least 2 years of experience working with high volume, operations or sales teams
- You are passionate about and have experience driving diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- You have experience using data to identify insights that drive action, enable us to make evidence based decisions and investments
- You are an expert consultant, coach and facilitator
- You’re both authentic and inspiring
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!