EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re growing quickly and looking for a Talent Acquisition & On-boarding Specialist who is energized by the thrill of the search and takes pride in being a critical part of building a high-performing team.
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 200 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 2 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 14,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
As a member of the People Operations team, you will:
- Research, source, screen, interview and recommend talented individuals for a variety of positions on teams that include Operations, Finance, Marketing, Legal and Compliance. While your focus will be primarily on our non-technical positions, you will also pitch in as necessary to help fill technical roles.
- Guide candidates through the interview and selection process ensuring a positive candidate experience.
- Ensure timely sharing of feedback and candidate status updates with hiring managers and VP, People Operations.
- Project manage and administer the on-boarding process for all new hires from the time of offer acceptance through their first month, keeping them informed, feeling welcomed and excited about joining EquityZen. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Conducting background checks;
- Coordinating with IT to ensure proper and timely setup and delivery of required devices;
- Providing pre-hire information to get them ready for their first day;
- Setting up New Hire task checklists;
- Entering required information into HRIS/payroll system.
- Enrolling New Hires in all required compliance, security awareness and HR training;
- Serving as point of contact for on-boarding questions.
- Work with People Ops team members on various projects focused on employee development, inclusion and engagement.
- Serve as on-site People Ops point of contact in VP’s absence.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- At least 2 years of experience in full-cycle, high volume recruiting.
- Proven track record of sourcing active and passive candidates without the use of outside agencies by using LinkedIn Recruiter, Boolean search techniques, internal databases, and other creative sources.
- A core belief in the importance of building a diverse team.
- Strong understanding of behavioral-based interviewing skills.
- Experience using Greenhouse or other similar Applicant Tracking System.
- Ability to ask the right questions to get a full understanding of position requirements and not be shy if you need further clarification.
- Ability to use consultative skills with hiring managers to ensure the search and selection processes are properly focused.
- Ability to foster successful relationships with all levels of management.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to remain organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive and be motivated by working in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment.
- No ego and the belief that no job is too small.
- The willingness to work in our NYC office at least part-time while the team is still dispersed due to the pandemic.*
Bonus points if you have:
- Recruitment experience in a fast-growing, startup environment.
- Experience working in the finance and/or legal industries.
- Some tech recruitment experience.
- Experience with recruitment analytics.
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, generous parental leave, and more!
*We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice unless otherwise noted in the job description.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.