We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
The Talent Partner position is responsible for assessing and anticipating people-related needs and driving solutions to support Account Leaders. The position serves as a consultant to leadership on Employee development, engagement opportunities, and challenges. A successful Talent Partner acts as a coach, manager, connector and change agent. In order to be successful in this role, you must be able to create order out of chaos, be flexible and adaptable in your approach, ok with imperfection, and able to balance the need for structure and guidelines with the need to be creative and progressive.
Partner with Portfolio & Account Leadership to drive impactful engagement solutions
- Act as a partner to Portfolio & Account Leaders and teams across North America.
- Drive and facilitate talent review sessions with assigned teams and Account leadership in order to amplify employee growth and development.
- Conduct virtual and onsite engagement health checks for assigned teams.
- Keep a pulse on morale, engagement, growth, feedback, performance and projected impact. Build and cultivate trusted relationships with Leaders and Employees that allow for open and transparent dialogue.
- Handle difficult conversations with skill and sensitivity.
- Support a feedback culture through training, coaching and accountability partnership.
Partner with other Talent Partners
- Ensure that knowledge related to employee performance is transferred effectively to your national people partners using designated tools and communication practices.
- Bring talent management best practices and forward-thinking ideas to the team.
- Synthesize and communicate in a balanced way the insights gathered through an enormous amount of distributed touch points. Rely on data whenever possible.
- Support diversity and inclusion through introspection, being mindful about diversity on teams and in leadership, and help identify ways to continuously improve employees ability to support a diverse workforce.
Partner with People Support team on HR related matters
- Act as an escalation point for HR related matters.
- Triage workplace concerns effectively by following the proper steps. Collaborate with appropriate thought partners; ensure adequate documentation and well thought out communication plans regarding the concern.
- Handle sensitive people situations in a respectful and caring way while also maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Collaborate on employment decisions such as but not limited to compensation, performance improvement, performance assessment, and exits.
Partner with Recruiting team to maintain a high hiring bar
- Seek ways to evolve recruiting activities to continually enhance our recruiting processes.
- Actively participate in interviewing qualified future employees.
Partner with Regional and Global stakeholders to shape and execute change programs.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates the following attributes
- Sense of urgency, thrive in ambiguity, resourceful, resilient
- Extremely comfortable working in environments that are culturally diverse, fast-paced, always changing, and light on structure/process
- Able to solve complex, often ambiguous issues, in creative ways. In our experience, this is because you are knowledgeable of key business drivers, an expert in your craft, and intuitively collaborative
- Stakeholder management experience and confidence to challenge, influence, and persuade
- Able to build rapport and coach a diverse population of leaders
- Welcomes feedback
- Able to make tough and sometimes unpopular decisions
- Incredibly strong organization, follow-through, time and knowledge management skills
- Driven to create outcomes
- Strong business acumen
- Keen and quick to understand and deal with business situations, able to balance people and business needs appropriately
- Bachelor’s degree in a people or organization design-related field; or a foreign equivalent with 8-10 years of talent management experience, preferably in a people-centric, professional services environment.
- Aware of US employment law and employee relations best practices. Can handle risky situations well.
- A knack for talent management and loads of experience resolving difficult and unique employee relation matters.
- Experience working on, and supporting, distributed teams and individuals.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.