Technical Recruiter at Paxful
Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
We are looking for a Technical Recruiter to join our People Operations Team and help us grow our product development team in New York. Technical Recruiter responsibilities include sourcing, screening, and providing a shortlist of qualified candidates for various technical roles. You will also network online and offline with potential candidates to promote our employer brand, reduce our time-to-hire, and ensure we attract the best professionals. Ultimately, you will build a strong technical talent pipeline and help hire and retain skilled employees for our technical positions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write and post technical job descriptions to relevant sites and for external recruiters
- Source potential active and passive candidates across several different mediums
- Provide creativity and non-standard techniques in sourcing and creating candidate pipelines
- Work with outsourcing agencies to recruit technical freelancers
- Report on and analyze sourcing strategies and recruitment metrics and suggest data-driven improvements as needed
- Parse specialized skills and qualifications to screen resumes
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments and behavioral questions)
- Coordinate with Product and IT team leaders to forecast department goals and hiring needs
- Craft and send personalized recruiting communications with current job openings to passive candidates
- Participate in blockchain, cryptocurrency, and related recruitment conferences and meetups to network with potential talent
- Compose and administer job offer letters and job related contracts
- Assist in onboarding new hires
- Assist in driving employer branding efforts to increase awareness of Paxful
- Conduct job and task analyses to document job duties and requirements
- Keep up-to-date with news and trends in the cryptocurrency industry
- Assist in recruitment of non-technical roles
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 2+ years of proven work experience as a Technical Recruiter
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g. phone, video and structured in-person interviews)
- Experience closing senior level candidates
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT related roles
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media, recruiting, and Boolean search)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of Human Resources practices and labor legislation
- Strong follow-up skills with the ability to adapt quickly in a high growth environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Wide network of IT related contacts with a solid knowledge of the industry
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, IT, or other related field
- Experience or interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or financial technology
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Generous paid time off
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
- Accessible office in the West Village
- Flexible hours