Workforce Management Analyst
What is Oscar?
Oscar is a new kind of health insurance company. We’re using technology, data, and design to revolutionize healthcare. We’ve brought together a talented team that is passionate about helping people navigate the complex and confusing healthcare industry. Oscar is dedicated to offering a simpler and more human health insurance experience and our virtual provider (vPCP) team is a huge part of how we deliver on that mission.
What is the Position?
As our Workforce Management Analyst you’ll be owning our virtual provider scheduling. You’ll forecast our staffing needs, build out shift management tooling, optimize physician schedules, manage sign ups, and own intraday management and schedule adherence. When our physicians have scheduling issues, you are on top of communication and ensure coverage is handled for our members.
You will also have a hand in our onboarding and payroll processes, managing our provider rosters and maintaining provider payroll.
On a daily basis, you will be:
- Using data to determine optimal shift coverage across our operating states and forecasting staffing needs.
- Tactically managing provider schedules, monitoring adherence, and making real-time changes as needed.
- Managing provider documentation and the integration of new providers into our systems including; roster management, credentialing operations, licensing management and malpractice.
- Maintaining provider payroll including submission and accurate/timely payment.
Must-have qualities include:
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills. You have experience analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing complex data as it pertains to staffing supply and demand.
- Strong data organization skills. You have advanced spreadsheet and database management skills.
- Shift and scheduling skills. You’ve worked with workforce management software (scheduling, performance tracking, reporting).
- Impeccable attention to detail. You are able to catch idiosyncrasies in data or workflows quickly. You document processes in a concise but thorough manner.
- Independence and scrappy attitude. You’re a problem solver with a positive and ‘get the job done’ mentality. You are able to run with a task or problem without heavy hand holding.
- Organizational and prioritization skills. You know what to prioritize and when. You naturally project manage and never let balls drop.
- Collaborative. You love working with lots of different kinds of people and are a relationship builder at heart. You are not afraid to receive feedback and provide constructive feedback with those who work with you.
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have...
- 2-3+ years of experience doing workforce management and planning.
- Experience in healthcare in a clinical setting is a plus.
- Experience with remote workforce management.
Above all, be thoughtful, humble and empathetic: Our team is passionate about delivering a simple and friendly healthcare experience. It’s critical that you are able to put yourself in our members’ shoes and solve problems with a ‘member first’ attitude.