The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
What we do:
The Trade Desk is seeking an inspirational Workplace Lead to join our dynamic Workplace Services team! Our team is responsible for managing all day-to-day workplace operations across our global offices, with the goal of providing a positive, safe, productive, and “best in class” workplace experience. We are a strong Cultural Ambassador’s for The Trade Desk, bringing first-class hospitality and a customer-centric approach to work each day. We are agile, gritty, and engaging. We bring an upbeat, positive attitude to everything we do, in order to accomplish our objectives. Managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, having strong mentorship qualities to train and educate team members and staff, and having strong written and verbal communication skills are critical to our success. We are multi-faceted, dynamic, and engaging, and our work touches many aspects of what contributes to the success of The Trade Desk and its employees!
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for local staff with a strong focus on providing a positive employee and guest experience
- Be a leader and the “face of the office” by engaging with employees at all levels of the organization to get the “pulse of the culture” within the workplace
- Using independent judgment; proactively and efficiently manage end to end workplace operations, create and implement processes and procedures, manage budgets, and deliver programs and services that positively impact the workplace culture and employee productivity
- Must have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, be solution-focused, have high EQ, be professional, collaborative, reliable, and provide excellent customer service
- Support workplace and building security policies, procedures, and systems in partnership with the Global Real Estate team
- In partnership with the Real Estate team, coordinate and communicate with building management and service providers to ensure efficient operation of the building, schedule regular maintenance of furniture, appliances, and equipment
- Work with building management to ensure workplace safety and communicate information to employees and visitors in a timely manner
- Educate and influence local staff and business leaders through timely, relevant, and tailored communication that balances the needs of the business with the solutions the Workplace Services team can provide
- Build and own relationships with local senior business leaders, consult and advise on workplace operations and partner efficiently to create and articulate future plans with a solution-minded approach
- Coordinate workplace seating plan changes with hiring managers and department leads, and maintain data accuracy of internal systems and tools
- Coordinate the new hire onboarding process for employees and contractors in close collaboration with senior business leads, Talent Acquisition, People Ops, IT, and Real Estate teams
- Collaborate with WPS team on the local workplace intranet page with relevant and useful information for employees and visitors including building information, security, and tips for traveling employees
- Partner with the People Operations department to maintain and help enforce workplace policies
- Coordinate local vendor partners, identify, negotiate, and recommend new vendor relationships, and address service concerns through timely performance reviews
- Manage vendor service delivery and quality for areas related to food and beverage, janitorial, office supplies, mail/deliveries, and meeting room management
- Work with the team to coordinate Front of House programs, develop and implement scalable processes that enhance the overall experience for employees and guests
- Partner with internal stakeholders and special committees to assist with organizing, planning, budgeting, and identifying outside vendors for in-house activities such as morale events, team meetings and holiday parties
- Collaborate with global real estate colleagues on best practices
Who you are:
- 5-7years of previous experience implementing and managing a fast-paced office or professional work environment. Experience within building and facilities coordination a plus.
- Genuine interest in providing an outstanding level of service
- Passion – your work matters, and you deliver it with an upbeat, positive attitude with attention to detail
- Grit – sometimes solutions take creative thinking and multiple iterations. You are resilient to finding solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both large and small groups
- Can manage complexity to be able to accurately analyze situations
- Can drive results by quickly and decisively taking action in fast-changing, unpredictable situations
- Committed to following through on actions, with limited to no on-site supervision. Good judgment is essential.
- Proactive attitude - check in with team early and often, alert the appropriate staff when there’s an issue, and always strive to provide outstanding customer service
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Able to respond after hours for emergencies and able to work outside of designated hours as needed
- Full knowledge of MS Office Suite – Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Active duties requiring walking, standing, reaching, bending, and crouching as part of daily activities
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.