Digital Product Management Internship - Spring 2020
Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
- Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
- Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
- Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
- Networking opportunities with great snacks
- A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
- This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 27th-April 17th 2020.
- Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
- The application deadline is November 15th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from September through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
The Product Management team owns the successful definition and delivery of products and features for our award-winning, industry leading digital products. We thrive making impactful decisions for brands that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Our passion is to discover, develop and ship products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
As a Product Design Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Conducting research into audience, industry, market, competitor and technology trends
• Working with cross-functional teams in product discovery to design and build experiments and solutions.
• Designing user stories, prototypes and acceptance tests for software development teams
• Ensuring successful delivery of meaningful, valuable products and features
• Participating in qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to build understanding of customers
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a current Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Please note this position is located in NEW YORK CITY. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.