Digital Research & Insights Internship - Spring 2020
Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
- Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
- Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
- Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
- Networking opportunities with great snacks
- A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
- This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 27th-April 17th 2020.
- Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
- The application deadline is November 15th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from September through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital products for thirteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet. Our team is responsible for tracking performance and identifying opportunities to support ongoing initiatives within these brands.
As a Digital Research & Inisghts Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Work day in and day out with digital team to unearth insights to promote data-driven decisions
• Performance analysis on such projects as new device launches and marketing initiatives for web, mobile app, and connected device platforms
• Communicate user insights in product meetings, strategy sessions, email, and presentations
Tracking awareness of and satisfaction with Discovery sites and apps
• Usability testing of Discovery sites and apps
• Concept testing of potential new Discovery digital products
• Analysis of competitive products in the marketplace
• Capture and analyze information through surveys, focus groups, interviews, competitive analysis and other custom research techniques
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a current Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Analytical Skills, Critical Thinking Skills. comScore, Tableau, SQL, Python are a plus