Front End Developer Intern at Haven Life
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team responsible for our advanced online financial services application. As a contributing member of the team, you will have the opportunity to own and deliver a meaningful project throughout your internship. During this time, you will work closely with experienced software engineers, receiving mentorship and guidance, and contributing to both our complex platform as well as to our collaborative, inclusive culture.
Working with other developers in an agile environment, you might work on items such as building out customer facing components for taking new business applications, or working closely with marketing to support customer acquisition efforts requiring technology resources such as blogs, landing pages, or campaign needs. Our work is varied and challenging, and you get to be an integral part of that.
Our full-time summer internship program will last 10-12 weeks. We are also open to part-time internships during the fall and spring semesters for interested students. Start date to be determined based on candidate availability.
- Strong visual design sense and appreciation for development with a client experience focus
- Demonstrated interest in responsive layout and design
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Clear communication skills (written and oral) and an ability to work effectively with marketing teams
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Comfortable expressing points of view while respecting those of others
- Research / papers in CS
- Participation in CS-related clubs, events, hackathons or side projects
- Rising college junior, senior or Master’s student pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office throughout the internship
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.