Legal Internship - Summer 2019
Fluent is a leading performance marketing company with an expertise in delivering measurable results. We interact with 1MM US consumers daily across our owned and operated websites. Our team uses the insights gathered from these interactions to drive growth for our partners. Through engaging digital experiences, Fluent creates meaningful and lasting connections between brands and consumers.
Fluent is looking for a passionate individual to join us for a full-time internship in the legal department for Summer 2019. The Legal Intern will become familiar with laws such as the Restore Online Shopper’s Confidence Act, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the General Data Protection Regulations and Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act, to effectively make strategic decisions. The Legal Intern will often be presented with complex research questions and draft documents. The Legal Intern will work closely with the General Counsel and other members of the legal and compliance team. If you apply for the internship, you must be able to work at least 40 hours per week. This position is paid.
- Audit creatives alongside the compliance team.
- Review and draft legal and business documents.
- Assist in developing and executing plans to ensure compliance with all applicable laws.
- Review privacy policies and terms and conditions.
- Research complex legal questions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Available May 2019-August 2019 (flexible start and end date)
- Completion of first year from a top-tier ABA-accredited law school; rising 3L preferred.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Please submit a cover letter with your application.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience researching complex legal issues and questions.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work independently.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated interest in contracts, digital marketing, intellectual property and/or privacy.
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…