Senior Product Manager, Internal Tools at Great Jones
We are redesigning what it feels like to own or live in a rental property, all within a complex ecosystem containing endless meaningful decisions.
Our digital product aims to elevate users above the complexities of every aspect of rental investment or living while optimizing for ease and performance.
The right tradeoff of quality vs. effort sometimes requires ground-up design and development; other times, we can make good progress faster by leveraging no/low-code options or third-party integrations. And at all times, the flow of high-integrity data is key to delivering the desired experience and deriving meaningful insights.
You will work with engineers, designers, and cross-functional partners to define a roadmap, prioritize and plan initiatives, and manage the development of key portions of our platform and the flow of data within.
About the Senior Product Manager - Internal Tools role:
Central to success here is evolving our platform to instrument each core workflow -- leasing, maintenance, accounting, and so forth -- with real intentionality as to what great looks like, then accomplishing that through automation, centralization, and purpose-built vertical applications for owners, residents, and our own team.
As such, we are seeking an analytical product manager who brings real energy for leveraging technology to solve holistic online & offline problems, partnering closely with operational teams.
Your work will heavily shape the experiences of all of our users: owners, residents, partners, and our own team. You’ll be excited to move quickly and make a broad, meaningful mark on the evolution of our product and many of its touch points.
In the process, we are creating higher levels of quality and scalability for the space -- uniquely data-driven and transparent.
This is a truly unique opportunity to play a pivotal role at a well-positioned leader in a fast-growing space, which is poised and equipped for explosive growth.
- 3+ years of product management experience using agile methodologies, ideally including experience working closely with data and building internal tools and systems in close partnership with operational teams
- Comfortable working autonomously within a complex ecosystem like the one in which we operate (multiple user types, lots of contexts, varied physical operations), ideally including managing the flow of high-quality data between systems and people consuming it
- Demonstrated track record of launching new products and features end-to-end, from research, planning, implementation, and launch to analysis and iteration
- Experience being thoughtful about the right mix of custom tools, low/no-code development, and third-party integrations to solve problems effectively, efficiently, and scalably
- Appreciation for human-centered design processes, including thoughtful questioning, true empathy, lightweight testing, and the ability to move from insights to solutions, even in the absence of large sample sets
- Enthusiasm for close partnerships with designers, engineers, other PMs, and the broader team
- Strong analytical background, including the ability to break down and work through complex problems and workflows using data (some experience with SQL and/or Looker or other BI platforms is a plus)
- Ability to tell a persuasive story and convey information in a digestible format
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining close attention to detail
- Proactive, entrepreneurial mindset, with a record of success in a high-growth context
- High level of ownership and accountability
- Experience thinking through holistic online & offline experiences is a big plus
About Great Jones:
Great Jones brings ease and performance to rental ownership and living, starting by reinventing property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
We’re replacing an experience that has historically been heavily operational, low-tech, and stressful with one delivered through modern software, thoughtful experience design, real benefits of scale, and the right blend of local & centralized operations.
By providing a seamless, full-service experience for owners and residents, we aim to make ownership worry-free and more profitable for the 25 million Americans who own rental homes. In doing so, we become the operating system around our owners’ most valuable investments, as well as our residents’ homes.
And we’re doing this within an enormous addressable market, with highly attractive unit economics, where competition is deeply fragmented and notorious for subpar service.
We are growing rapidly with nationwide expansion on deck -- headquartered in Manhattan with on-the-ground operations in 20 markets across 9 states.
Our leadership team has built digital platforms and operational machines that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for marketplace businesses like 1stdibs, Skillshare, and Warby Parker.
We’ve raised over $30 million (including our recently closed Series B) from top investors including Crosslink Capital, Navitas Capital, Zigg Capital, Juxtapose, and top NYC angels & real estate entrepreneurs including Kevin Ryan, David Rosenblatt, and Jason Finger, who have founded or led companies such as Seamless, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, DoubleClick, 1stdibs, Floored, and others.