Software Engineer - Internship at Ribbon Health (Greater NYC Area, NY)
We are looking for interns who are considering joining the tech industry and have a strong interest in applying their skills towards our mission - to power all healthcare decisions to be high quality, cost effective and convenient.
As an intern, you’ll be focused on helping us expand our data graph by acquiring data from across the healthcare industry. By aggregating and ingesting data from 100s of sources, we’ve managed to develop the most accurate provider directory in the US. We need software engineers who want to scale our ability to acquire data from diverse sources and develop increasingly resilient infrastructure that can power the future of our data platform.
If you’re motivated by hard challenges, love iterating on ways to acquire data from different sources, want to learn how to work with all types of messy data, and crave an opportunity to grow fast and drive impact immediately, then reach out, we want to chat!What we look for at Ribbon
- Passion and drive to simplify healthcare by building products that increase access to care and power every healthcare decision to be high-quality, cost-effective, and convenient
- Commitment to Ribbon Health company values, working on an exceptional team, and building an exceptional company
- Grit, hustle, desire, and a “get-it-done” attitude; strong comfort with a lean startup environment, where everyone is encouraged to participate in and contribute across all teams
- Dedication to the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where teammates are celebrated for their unique perspectives and work together to simplify healthcare for all
- You have a strong background in Computer Science or other equivalent field
- You’re an entrepreneur, a self starter, and want to help us build and scale applications and data pipelines.
- You love solving ambiguous problems and want to understand how to help us aggregate healthcare data from across the web.
- You have a passion for data and want to help us untangle and discover truth in an industry rife with fragmented data.
- You have a track record of learning new technologies and languages on the job
- You’re very comfortable with SQL and relational databases; Basic Python experience required.
- Develop and manage data scrapers: You will develop new data scrapers that consume data from 100’s of sources across healthcare
- Scale our data ingestion framework: You will help design and improve upon our current system of record for ingesting data from hundreds of different sources.
- Build light-weight automation: You will develop systems and tools to configure, monitor, and orchestrate our data infrastructure
- Streamline our internal data operations: You will build tools to empower internal stakeholders to manage data across our pipelines and allow our internal teams to quickly distribute data to our clients.