Summer Legal Internship Program 2021 at Peloton
Peloton’s 10-week-long virtual summer internship program, which takes place from June 8 to August 14, will allow you to put your classroom learnings into practice at one of the most innovative companies in the world. Our curriculum focuses on professional advancement opportunities (think networking and mentorship), skills development, and on the job training across departments.
Peloton is an inclusive, team-centric organization, and our interns are no exception. You will be a valuable, contributing member of our team. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere -- so be sure to bring them with you. Together, we go far!
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated and passionate JD intern to support our Legal Team. In this role, you will assist Peloton’s legal team in supporting our internal clients across all locations and teams on commercial transactions, member support, intellectual property, litigation, privacy, product, supply chain, marketing and other areas of an in-house legal practice. This person will conduct legal research, draft and negotiate commercial agreements, prepare legal training materials for business audiences, negotiate NDAs, and gain practical legal skills and valuable insight into the inner workings of a publicly-traded company.
- Conduct legal research on various commercial, transactional and litigation matters, employment law, intellectual property law, consumer protection law, privacy law and regulatory and compliance matters and best practices;
- Review and report on recent developments in case law or regulations issued in relation to consumer protection, product safety, privacy, trade, and intellectual property laws;
- Assist with reviewing and drafting various commercial, supply chain, marketing, software and confidentiality agreements;
- Assisting with member communications escalated to the Legal Team;
- Assist in conducting copyright and trademark diligence on proposed marketing phrases;
- Attend various business and legal team meetings and prepare meeting materials as necessary; and
- Support the legal team on other projects and initiatives as needed.
- JD candidate enrolled at and completed at least 1 academic year at an A.B.A. accredited law school
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and research skills
- Must be a self-motivated, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential company materials with discretion and to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Skilled at prioritizing and coordinating an array of tasks
- Knowledge about the consumer tech world and fitness industry
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN:
- EXPLORE: with this immersive, hands-on (albeit virtual) experience, you will receive an inside look at a potential career path within your chosen field
- NETWORK: throughout your internship, you will interact with a variety of teammates within your department and beyond, allowing you to form lasting professional relationships. You’ll have access to all our Employee Resource Groups and Slack channels to connect with your new team members.
- GROW: You will receive many opportunities to contribute to projects and experience first-hand what we do and how we do it. We are also committed to helping you develop key skills, such as presenting and managing projects. By the end of your internship journey, you’ll have a better understanding of our business and the various career paths you can pursue with Peloton.
- PLAY: Live well and have fun! We believe that taking the time to play is critical. You will have opportunities to connect with -- and laugh with -- your cohort over a variety of virtual social events, instructor talks, group classes, and more.
- Apply via Handshake and/or external link on the careers page.
- Updated resume is required to be considered for the internship.
- Application Deadline is March 4, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, marital or caregiver, or veteran status.