Lead Product Manager
ABOUT THE TEAM
theSkimm makes it easier to be smarter. We started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. We are disrupting morning routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
theSkimm Product, Design, Engineering and Editorial teams are a group of fast-moving and creative thinkers who thrive on creating products Skimm’rs love. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
You will own theSkimm’s email and web products, two of our most strategic assets. You will work closely with the Editorial and product development teams to iterate on and build innovative experiences that elevate theSkimm’s unique voice and content. You need to take a truly user-centric approach to building products and work collaboratively at the intersection of Product, Growth, and Editorial.
- Own end to end product development for theSkimm’s email and web products.
- Work side by side with the Design, Engineering, and Editorial teams to iterate on and build content experiences.
- Own the CMS and overall framework for how our content is architected, created, and distributed.
- Take a data-driven, user-centric approach to understanding behaviors, success, and opportunities for new products.
- Work closely with the cash money team to develop new revenue products and opportunities for commerce.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelors Degree and at least 6-8 years experience in Product Management.
- Experience leading the end to end product development process - from ideation to launch.
- Extensive project management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision making.
- Technical background or proven experience working directly with Engineering teams to ship products.
- A collaborative approach, and ability to thrive while partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to think on your feet - you’re a problem solver and creative thinker who knows how to execute and get sh*t done.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability (starting day one)
- $400 annual gym reimbursement
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Catered lunch on Fridays
- Snacks, coldbrew on tap, and lunch on Fridays
- Collaborative office space and roof deck
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY