Assistant General Counsel - IT Contracting
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you love working in a dynamic environment and are you passionate about being part of a legal team dedicated to supporting MSK's mission? We have an exciting new opportunity for an expert Lawyer specializing in digital technology contracting and IT procurement to join our Legal team.
- Negotiate and draft contracts, provide legal review and advice in support of data and digital technology resources across the institution to support patient care and research objectives.
- Work closely with technology leadership in the review and development of all policies and procedures, and training materials, in relation to technology operations.
- Proactively advise on substantive areas of law and be familiar with the impact of anti-kickback regulation in contracting matters.
- Participate with senior lawyers and management to understand MSKCC business strategies and needs to maximize value.
- As a member of the MSKCC legal team, keep abreast of industry best practices for academic medical center contracting.
- Skilled at preparing and negotiating contracts
- Capable of building strong client relationships at every level and providing exemplary client service
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others on business and legal teams to meet shared objectives and goals
- Detail focused, organized and efficient
- Able to operate independently and effectively
- Consistently achieving positive results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Thriving when working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in depth evaluation of variable factors.
- A Juris Doctor degree and admission to the New York State Bar
- A minimum of six to ten years of legal experience, including the preparation and negotiation of contracts related to technology.
- Experience in healthcare and/or an academic medical center is highly preferred.
- Experience with healthcare vendor transactions, such as: medical device and equipment procurement, health informatics and data products agreements, master technology agreements, software license agreements, software as service agreements, and professional services agreements. #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.