Associate Corporate Counsel at Peloton
Peloton is looking for an experienced, highly motivated Associate Corporate Counsel to join our corporate legal team. You will partner with in-house corporate attorneys on a broad range of matters relating to public company processes, securities law compliance, corporate transactions, and general corporate projects and create legal processes and efficiencies. You will have the opportunity, and will be required, to work with Peloton’s senior management and key business partners.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Prepare draft documents, including agendas, legal and corporate governance presentation items, corporate resolutions and meeting minutes for board of director and committee meetings.
- Assist the Senior Corporate and Securities Counsel and Financial Reporting team with public company matters, including proxy statement, annual meeting, annual and quarterly filings, Form 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, director and officer questionnaires, and related party transactions.
- Provide legal support for Treasury and Accounting teams on capital markets activities, including the maintenance of credit facilities and other offerings, filings and financing arrangements.
- Review external communications, including press releases, investor presentations and other shareholder engagement activities, and significant internal communications with the Investor Relations and Communications teams; help maintain, design and deliver training on policies and procedures relating to public disclosure matters.
- Work closely with the Senior Corporate and Securities Counsel and People team to help track activity and provide training on Peloton’s Insider Trading and 10b5-1 plan policies, and related equity matters.
- Oversee entity management and corporate filings (local, state, and national); draft intercompany agreements and serve as a liaison to Tax and Accounting teams for questions related to corporate entities.
- Advise on external governance trends, SEC and Nasdaq developments, and corporate governance and ESG best practices, and apply the same to Peloton’s practices.
- May be asked to assist the Corporate Development and Strategy team with M&A, strategic investments, and similar corporate transactions.
TO DO THIS JOB WELL, YOU’LL NEED:
- 4+ years’ experience at a top tier law firm or in-house corporate legal department in a broad-based corporate practice.
- Strong working knowledge of complex corporate transactions, general corporate law, capital markets activity and corporate governance, securities law and public disclosure matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally.
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action and confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal and business implications.
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once, with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Experience working with and managing outside counsel when needed.
- Enjoy working in a rapidly changing, disruptive business.
- Member in good standing of the NY, CA, or comparable State Bar.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.