Associate Counsel, Germany at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 3+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house practice to join our growing international legal team. The person in this role will be responsible for helping Peloton’s Counsel, International to support our German business across all departments. This position will require a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its suppliers, partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of Peloton’s business objectives.
- Negotiate and manage on a wide variety of commercial contracts, and report to senior attorneys on e-commerce, marketing initiatives, product safety and liability, data privacy and security issues, and general risk management matters
- Work closely with Peloton’s customer services and support teams to provide advice on consumer rights and consumer complaints
- Advise on marketing and competition terms and conditions and advertising clearance
- Work closely with internal clients from all business units to support their objectives and advise on legal risks and opportunities related to their strategy.
- Work closely with Peloton’s People Team and German management team to provide support and counsel on employment relations matters
- Manage company-related matters including trade registrations
- Instruct and manage external counsel to provide timely and cost-effective advice
- 3+ years’ experience at a law firm, with a focus on commercial practice including e-commerce and consumer rights, with secondment or in-house experience strongly preferred
- Competency in e-commerce, consumer rights and drafting and negotiating commercial contracts; particular experience in information technology, data privacy, marketing agreements and marketing clearance is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to advise on business-related legal issues
- Superb organisational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Knowledge about the consumer tech world, familiarity with online issues such as privacy and data security preferred
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) who is collaborative and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Qualified to practice law in Germany
- Fluent in English
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.